Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Wilderness, six parter starring Jenna Coleman.

Got through three and a half episodes before the football, decent stuff, although I’d be happy just watching Jenna read the phone book in her undies 😍

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, rjw63 said:

Got through three and a half episodes before the football, decent stuff, although I’d be happy just watching Jenna read the phone book in her undies 😍

Yeah I've seen the whole thing.  Fairly decent if obviously far fetched. But yeah Clara is obvs a great reason to watch too. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Which episode is that so I can just skip to that bit?

• Haha 1

This latest season of Castlevania felt bloated and sadly a bit shit. Way too much filler. 

S2 of Wheel of Time was a massive improvement on S1 from a purely entertainment standpoint. Not a big ask since S1 was a dumpster fire but this season was somewhat entertaining. From a book adaptation standpoint it's still a 1/10 in terms of fidelity, world building and in world rules. It's more a borrowing from than based on still. Will absolutely watch S3 but would not be surprised if we never see a S4 and beyond. 

• Like 1

After it being on the list for awhile I finally got around to the first three seasons of Top Boy.

It's kind of superb isn't it?

Think I'll pace myself on s4 and s5 as I really don't want it to end.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, sne said:

This latest season of Castlevania felt bloated and sadly a bit shit. Way too much filler. 

S2 of Wheel of Time was a massive improvement on S1 from a purely entertainment standpoint. Not a big ask since S1 was a dumpster fire but this season was somewhat entertaining. From a book adaptation standpoint it's still a 1/10 in terms of fidelity, world building and in world rules. It's more a borrowing from than based on still. Will absolutely watch S3 but would not be surprised if we never see a S4 and beyond. 

I gave up on the latest Castlevania after about 3 episodes. Just couldn't get into it. Shame as the original was brilliant. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Just reading that Steve Coogan is playing Jimmy Savile in 4 part drama to be shown on BBC. Should be interesting, I can't see Coogan holding back from showing the evil creature that Savile was.

Think all 4 episodes 'drop' on iPlayer tomorrow if you can't wait for it on the normal BBC channel. 

• Thanks 1

Sex Education - final series was still good, ended well, but best bits were the non school based storylines, - Adam's, Erics, Jean's etc.  that school would be an absolute horrorshow to attend in reality :D 

Finished Only Murders in the Building S3 - for much of the season, it didn't feel as enjoyable as the first two seasons, but I think it came together very well in the last couple of episodes so as a whole it's still good fun. 

Started the final series of Ghosts now. Really going to have to try and parcel out the final few episodes, once a week if we can. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Rodders said:

Sex Education - final series was still good, ended well, but best bits were the non school based storylines, - Adam's, Erics, Jean's etc.  that school would be an absolute horrorshow to attend in reality :D 

Finished Only Murders in the Building S3 - for much of the season, it didn't feel as enjoyable as the first two seasons, but I think it came together very well in the last couple of episodes so as a whole it's still good fun. 

Started the final series of Ghosts now. Really going to have to try and parcel out the final few episodes, once a week if we can. 

I had to watch Ghosts in one sitting, now looking forward to the Christmas special.

Â