Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

On 21/04/2023 at 22:27, mottaloo said:

Slightly OT I watched a 2014 film called Full English Breakfast  last night, "starring" Dave Courtney as a retired drugs baron.

I love a good geezer film but eff me this was SO bad I had to see it through to the end ! Crap storyline, worse acting and utterly awful soundtrack.....which ended off with the theme song being played as the credits rolled. The lyrics were pretty much the ingredients of a FEB with the words "full english breakfast Dave ? Well, I haven't come in for a curry have I ?" being played during it. All to the tune of "oh I do love to be beside the seaside "

Utter gash. Its on YouTube if you were curious 😃

Had to look it up so here it is for anyone else:

Well I didn't come 'ere for a curry did I?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Had to look it up so here it is for anyone else:

Well I didn't come 'ere for a curry did I?

'sausage bacon and eggs' (please get out of my head) 

• Haha 3

A couple episodes into The Diplomat starring Keri Russell among others.

It's your usual agent, mystery, big politics drama but it's pretty snappy and entertaining. Also Keri Russell.

• Like 2

On 21/04/2023 at 21:27, mottaloo said:

Slightly OT I watched a 2014 film called Full English Breakfast  last night, "starring" Dave Courtney as a retired drugs baron.

I love a good geezer film but eff me this was SO bad I had to see it through to the end ! Crap storyline, worse acting and utterly awful soundtrack.....which ended off with the theme song being played as the credits rolled. The lyrics were pretty much the ingredients of a FEB with the words "full english breakfast Dave ? Well, I haven't come in for a curry have I ?" being played during it. All to the tune of "oh I do love to be beside the seaside "

Utter gash. Its on YouTube if you were curious 😃

Does Dave have his beans in a ramekin? 

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, sne said:

It's your usual agent, mystery, big politics drama but it's pretty snappy and entertaining. Also Keri Russell naked.

FTFRJW63

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, sne said:

It's your usual agent, mystery, big politics drama but it's pretty snappy and entertaining. Also Keri Russell.

I watched the 1st episode and bailed.  It's a bit like the office in a way.  

Spoiler

Police car borrowing,  injecting people outside their house in the 1st few days.  Its all over the place,  and then the Jokes.
Everyone is POSH to the max.  I hated every minute.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, sne said:

I was an extra in a scene that's in episode 6 but they cut us all 😭

• Sad 2

So, after watching the first 2 eps of Amazons big budget spy thingy Citadel it was pretty much as I expected. Looks nice in a generic Bond/Westworld sort of style but that's about it.

Early days but to use the flavor of the day phrase it feels like they asked an AI to create something that is a mix of James Bond, Jason Bourne & john Wick. Sound good to some perhaps but it feels utterly empty, generic and shallow. The writing is eh, not great.

It's watchable thou and that's what they are aiming for. Just like the other Amazon stuff like Rings of Power, Wheel of Time, Carnival Row It's content and that's it. Pretty looking content. Tbf Amazon has put out some decent stuff too.

• Like 1

Seen Mr. In-between popping up a few times recently in this thread so started it yesterday and got through pretty much the first season.

Really enjoying it so far, the main guy is very good.

• Like 3

Catching up on Barry. Been watching it for a few weeks now and we're into season 3.

I have just seen the most magnificent motorcycle chase I have ever witnessed. How they filmed that I will never know. The whole sequence was astonishing.

This show is a complete delight in every way.

1 hour ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Catching up on Barry. Been watching it for a few weeks now and we're into season 3.

I have just seen the most magnificent motorcycle chase I have ever witnessed. How they filmed that I will never know. The whole sequence was astonishing.

This show is a complete delight in every way.

Brilliant show.

• Like 1

On 21/04/2023 at 21:41, sne said:

First episode of Mrs Davis was rather fun. Strong Preacher vibes.

It's a Damon Lindelof show so I don't have great hopes but the opening ep was better than your usual nun with ties to the Templar Knights fighting against an evil algorithm trying to find the holy grail or something show.

First 4 eps are out.

Watch Mrs. Davis (2023) Streaming Online | Peacock

Nice! Will give this a go. I actually don't mind Damon Lindelof, well.... The Leftovers is one of my favourite shows of all time. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Nice! Will give this a go. I actually don't mind Damon Lindelof, well.... The Leftovers is one of my favourite shows of all time. 

The last couple episodes have not been as strong but still ok

I finished Great Expectations and tbf, although I was a bit critical at first, I slowly warmed to it. I kind of liked the idea of making the characters more flesh like and less of a caricature. Ashley Thomas was really good as Jaggers and Johnny Harris always gives is all for any character. 

I wonder what old "Oats and Barley" would have made of it ?

'Transatlantic' on Netflix. A bit romanticised, but a good idea to cover one of the less well-known true stories of WWII - the clandestine smuggling out of Vichy France of Nazi-targetted artists, writers, journalists, etc. Strong echoes of 'Casablanca', which is OK by me. 

Â