Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

I have been watching Boardwalk Empire and getting to the end of the first Season. Absolutely loving it, obviously the nudity means I have to watch it when my grandson isn't around so that’s a pain. Never been one for sex scenes and nudity in television dramas but appreciate us men as a breed do like to see boobs. That aside it has been excellent. 

Edited by Seat68
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I have been watching Boardwalk Empire and getting to the end of the first Season. Absolutely loving it, obviously the nudity means I have to watch it when my grandson is around so that’s a pain. Never been one for sex scenes and nudity in television dramas but appreciate us men as a breed do like to see boobs. That aside it has been excellent. 

If you are only one series through you are in for a treat mate. It is brilliant. Although I have to warn there will be many more nude/sex scenes to come.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Seat68 said:

I have been watching Boardwalk Empire and getting to the end of the first Season. Absolutely loving it, obviously the nudity means I have to watch it when my grandson is around so that’s a pain. Never been one for sex scenes and nudity in television dramas but appreciate us men as a breed do like to see boobs. That aside it has been excellent. 

spacer.png

You're putting it on for your grandson to see the nudity?

• Haha 2

On 04/03/2023 at 12:43, markavfc40 said:

Finished George and Tammy last night. A six part series about country singers George Jones and Tammy Wynette. I'd heard of her before watching it but not him. It is really good with some great acting from Jessica Chastain and Michael Shannon in the lead roles. Well worth watching. 

Shannon as usual delivers a fine performance as George.

I see Boardwalk Empire is also getting a mention currently in this thread. He's great in that too!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

spacer.png

You're putting it on for your grandson to see the nudity?

Damn, now it looks a bit wrong, I will edit my post and we will never talk of this again

Started watching Extraordinary on Disney+.

Four episodes in and really enjoying it. Bang average name for a TV show but impressed so far.

Edited by Milfner
  • Like 3

On 05/03/2023 at 20:35, Seat68 said:

I have been watching Boardwalk Empire and getting to the end of the first Season. Absolutely loving it, obviously the nudity means I have to watch it when my grandson isn't around so that’s a pain. Never been one for sex scenes and nudity in television dramas but appreciate us men as a breed do like to see boobs. That aside it has been excellent. 

I’ve seen it twice. Excellent tv!  

I recently started to watch Boardwalk once again. When it comes to  "polished", this show is definitely in the top 3. I thought Michael Stuhlbarg was excellent as Arnold Rothstein. The way he captured that cool, calculating demeanour, incidentally, he was also  great in season 3 of Fargo .

On 06/03/2023 at 07:52, stuart_75 said:

Shannon as usual delivers a fine performance as George.

Haven't seen it, but that is inspired casting. 

Currently watching Les Combattantes (aka Women at War). I'll watch anything with the lovely Audrey Fleurot in it. 

****** help needed ******

Older VTers....I seem to recall the mary whitehouse experience doing a few sketches that featured tramps presenting a mock up version of Top Gear.....the opening line being :

"hello and welcome to Top Gear........(reverts to tramp mode).....wuuuur bollocks !!" whilst gesturing with their fists. Another sketch shows the tramps sitting on a bench or kerb, all speaking with posh voices, then one says to the others...." so anyway, then I said to him.....wuuuur bollocks !!" again with the fists up.

I have searched YouTube but can't find it anywhere. Am positive it was TMWE  but perhaps my memory ain't what it was ?

Edited by mottaloo

I know it's been billed as a movie on Netflix but I'm posting here as Luther was originally a great TV show.

This "film" is absolutely bobbins. So, so bad. Just ruins the legacy of the earlier seasons. If you left a plot and script in the hands of the worst Hollywood execs you would get something better than this. 

I also can't take Andy Serkis seriously as a villain. Maybe I could have if there had been any, I mean absolutely any character development or an inkling of explanation as to why he was the most sick person on the planet but seemingly also the richest.

They seemed to cut out all of everything that was good about Luther in the first place and WTF was that ending? It was like they were suggesting, wink wink, he's going to be James Bond.

0/10 absolute shyte.

It was like they had a screenplay for 3 or 4 hourish long episodes but then decided to do the 'movie' in 2 hours instead. Or were told to. 

As a result the pace of it is absolutely crazy, the editing is all over the place, and nothing at all gets a chance to breath. 

And yeah, that ending. I was going to give it a google and see if Elba or the producers had said anymore on it.

But then I decided I couldn't be bothered. 

One of the most mental things I've watched in ages. I've said before that if you viewed the Luther TV show as a kind of British super hero show, and definitely not as a police procedural, there's some entertainment in it. You could say the same for the Netflix movie in guess, like he's a cockney batman (even has his own signature car!), it had a momentary brooding shot of him standing watch over London too. Had me absolutely howling. 

Edited by hogso
  • Like 1

Â