Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

On 17/02/2023 at 20:52, rjw63 said:

Mr Inbetween. 

Last episode of season two. 

Wife was crying her eyes out. 

What a cracking show this is. 

Just finished season 2 tonight. Like your wife Rob that last episode brought on a few tears from my missus. It was really sad though.

I have loved the first two series.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

Just finished season 2 tonight. Like your wife Rob that last episode brought on a few tears from my missus. It was really sad though.

I have loved the first two series.

Finished the lot a few days back.

Pretty decent way to end it I thought.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Finished the lot a few days back.

Pretty decent way to end it I thought.

I have watched the first episode of series 3 

Spoiler

One where Ray goes to prison and is put in with the first timer and tells him he is in for raping men 🤣

Edited by markavfc40
  • Haha 1

Nearly finished Clarksons farm season 2

Unsurprisingly it's not as interesting, it's less about farming and how hard it is and more about legislation and rules mugging Clarkson off, he can't help himself it's a now a typical Clarkson and the gang type show, who needs interesting when you can have exciting but it's not exciting because it's somewhere between forced and faked, when he does do scenes with local farmers and their struggles it elevates the whole show, that's where the story is

Shame as the first season was very good

The Rehearsal on HBO

'Nathan Fielder returns to television to explore the lengths one person will go to reduce the uncertainties of everyday life. Fielder stars as the director of rehearsals, which are elaborately staged scenarios re-creating parts of ordinary people's lives that are meant to help them prepare for a big moment in their lives. A construction crew, a legion of actors and seemingly unlimited resources all come together to allow ordinary people to rehearse for these moments by giving them the opportunity to play them out in carefully crafted simulations of Fielder's own design.

Enjoyed it, one of the better and more interesting Televsion shows I've watched recently.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, useless said:

The Rehearsal on HBO

'Nathan Fielder returns to television to explore the lengths one person will go to reduce the uncertainties of everyday life. Fielder stars as the director of rehearsals, which are elaborately staged scenarios re-creating parts of ordinary people's lives that are meant to help them prepare for a big moment in their lives. A construction crew, a legion of actors and seemingly unlimited resources all come together to allow ordinary people to rehearse for these moments by giving them the opportunity to play them out in carefully crafted simulations of Fielder's own design.

Enjoyed it, one of the better and more interesting Televsion shows I've watched recently.

Have you watched Nathan For You?

Initially I was going to watch Nathan For You before watching The Rehearsal, I watched a few episodes but decided to just go ahead and watch The Rehearsal, I will probably go back to Nathan For You at some point as was entertaining, the episodes nice and short, and have since read that it gets better as it goes along.

Was bored last night so started watching Ted Lasso

it's not trying to be overly funny but somehow it just works , strangely brilliant and addictive .. I  manged to resist "one more episode" at 1:30  this morning as I needed to be up early , but will no doubt binge a few more tonight 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, useless said:

Initially I was going to watch Nathan For You before watching The Rehearsal, I watched a few episodes but decided to just go ahead and watch The Rehearsal, I will probably go back to Nathan For You at some point as was entertaining, the episodes nice and short, and have since read that it gets better as it goes along.

I've never found it hilarious but it's very clever, amusing, and does indeed get better as it goes along. Also, short episodes as you say. It's good not to have every show running at an hour long.

5 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Really enjoyed Physical 100 on Netflix. Kind of Superstars / Gladiators / reality TV hybrid… Korean… they drag it out a bit in the editing but it’s very entertaining 

Yes, I agree. I have the last couple of episodes to watch but fairly enjoyable. I can see them expanding to a UK or US version.

On 20/01/2023 at 21:13, rjw63 said:

Just finished Vikings Valhalla. 

Excellent as ever, great last episode, hopefully won't be a years wait for season three. 

It will. 2024, apparently. 

• Sad 1

On 20/02/2023 at 10:58, TheMelvillan said:

Servant season 4 now on Apple. Love this show but gonna wait til all released before diving in

Also, if anyone watched the comedy Party Down a few years ago a new series of it is - unexpectedly - coming out soon

Binged the Servant last week and now have to wait till the series to finish. Enjoyed it.

Â