Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

16 hours ago, Designer1 said:

Yeah it's proper daft and cliche ridden but it's bloody entertaining. 

Roll on s2.

Speaking of Tulsa King, did anyone else chuckle at Martin Starr's line about 'working at an Intetnet startup for five years'? Clearly a nod to his Gilfoyle character from Silicon Valley 😁

Ok so this is one to be avoided (as rubbish) in my opinion....

Just finished "Echoes" on Netflix about 2 twins who keep swapping their identifies (obviously played by the same actress)......dire, time I will never get back, why did i continue with it? ..........#ck knows......

I do wonder if someone that hasn't played the games like I haven't will be jizzing over The last of us like everyone that has played it seems to be atm. I suppose it is a good sign that the gamers like it though and I am looking for to watching it tonight. Part of me was expecting the usual 'oMg iTs So wOke' comments 

27 minutes ago, Bizzzle said:

I do wonder if someone that hasn't played the games like I haven't will be jizzing over The last of us like everyone that has played it seems to be atm. I suppose it is a good sign that the gamers like it though and I am looking for to watching it tonight. Part of me was expecting the usual 'oMg iTs So wOke' comments 

I never played the Witcher but really enjoyed the show if that’s anything to go by. I haven’t played the last of us either. 

The things that made the Last of Us a special game are the things that will translate most successfully to the screen - it has a very good story and characters, it's very cinematic in it's telling, and has lots of very striking sequences.

Its one of a very rare group of games that you could get pretty much as much out of watching it as you could playing it.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Chindie said:

The things that made the Last of Us a special game are the things that will translate most successfully to the screen - it has a very good story and characters, it's very cinematic in it's telling, and has lots of very striking sequences.

Its one of a very rare group of games that you could get pretty much as much out of watching it as you could playing it.

Yep, not sure if anyone other than HBO could get it to work but you can trust them to pay the money for the shine that this will deserve

For me personally it's hands the best story in any game ever, it's incredible and one of the few 10/10 classic games where I would say the gameplay at times actually isnt that good but yet it still works so well

Sounds like they nailed the casting and the performances which after the deviations was always going to be the problem, Ellie in particular has hard shoes to fill

Finished Our Flag Means Death. 

Fun, very watchable. It’s not laugh a minute sitcom, but I don’t mind that, it’s more of a rom com which wasn’t what I was expecting. It’s nice seeing Rhys Darby in a fully fledged leading role, I’ve missed him.

And sorry, have to say it, Taiki Waititi looks ****ing brilliant as Blackbeard.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, tomav84 said:

clarkson apparently axed from Amazon following H&M comments. imagine someone will still end up giving him a job. probably end up on GB News

Lots of "could" and "might" in the articles I've seen, so appears more opinion rather than from Amazon. SKY even said at the end of their article they have approached Amazon for comment.

• Thanks 1

On 15/01/2023 at 19:08, mjmooney said:

Started the 'Mystery Road' prequel. Not bad so far. 

I'd not seen the original but really enjoyed the new thing on BBC. You'd have thought given it's called "Mystery Road: Origin", I might have twigged that there was something else in the canon. Will have to check that out now too.

• Like 1

Started Bad Sisters last night. It is so good, though never have I wished for a violent death to befall someone so much since Jofre from GoT. The dude is such a prick. Only 2 episodes in but feels like we might binge through it very quickly

Prediction

Spoiler

the wife actually loses her shit and does it maybe

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rodders said:

Started Bad Sisters last night. It is so good, though never have I wished for a violent death to befall someone so much since Jofre from GoT. The dude is such a prick. Only 2 episodes in but feels like we might binge through it very quickly

Prediction

Reveal hidden contents

the wife actually loses her shit and does it maybe

It's excellent. I really like Sharon Horgan's work atm. Just started "Motherhood" on Netflix which is very funny which she was a writer for. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

Â