Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

28 minutes ago, hogso said:

Mike Flanagan - Director and Writer of Hush, Haunting of Hill House, Haunting of Bly Manor, Midnight Mass, Midnight Club plus the movie versions of Gerald's Game and Doctor Sleep, amongst others - has spoken this week about his desire to get the Dark Tower TV show done on Amazon. His writing style takes heaps of influence from King, and his work on Doctor Sleep in particular was terrific I thought. 

In a way I'd prefer he be involved with versions of The Long Walk, The Institute, or even the more recently released Fairy Tale (absolute peak PG-13 King for me)  which are all ripe for the small or big screen.

The Dark Tower though...as a fully realised TV series spanning 5 series...with all of Amazon's money...don't do that. Don't give me hope.  Especially when Amazon's record isn't exactly great with big budget adaptations of much loved fantasy and sci fi.

Was just reading about this. I'm a big fan of Flanagan, and if anyone can so it justice its him.

Rewatching The English, yes, it's that good. What struck me this time was, I understand Spall and Blunt getting the accolades for two very different, but great performances, however,  Chaske Spencer's performance also deserved praise for some beautifully understated acting. I certainly didn't think he had that in him judging him from his role in Banshee. 

Edited by sheepyvillian
  • Like 3

That has to be the funniest line in The English when Toby Jones's character says to Eli, "well, I didn't know you then like I do know".

He never disappoints Toby, even when he's only in something for 10 minutes, incidentally, I hear Detectorists is coming back, that will be fun. 

On 09/12/2022 at 03:54, villa4europe said:

Still watching under the banner of heaven with the wife and then when she goes to sleep watching SAS rogue heroes, both are very good for different reasons

The only thing I can deduce from this is that you are rubbing one out to the SAS show.

• Haha 1

Finished 1899 last night.

I enjoyed it although similar to Dark (made by the same people), I’m left with more questions than answers and hoping that a second series will be commissioned.

Me and the missus called it quite early on in terms of the big twist (won’t add as a spoiler) but it seems there’s definitely more to explore.

My only gripe was the sound, on my surround sound system it was sometimes difficult to hear the dialogue as the sound effects and background music drowned it out occasionally.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Finished 1899 last night.

I enjoyed it although similar to Dark (made by the same people), I’m left with more questions than answers and hoping that a second series will be commissioned.

Me and the missus called it quite early on in terms of the big twist (won’t add as a spoiler) but it seems there’s definitely more to explore.

My only gripe was the sound, on my surround sound system it was sometimes difficult to hear the dialogue as the sound effects and background music drowned it out occasionally.

We always watch pretty much everything with sub titles these days due to this on loads of programmes 

• Like 2

On 08/12/2022 at 11:55, sheepyvillian said:

I was feeling a little bored and thought, "ah, the perfect remedy, ' Justified ', can't beat a bit of Ryland Givens. I've lost count how many times I've watched this show. 

You've watched it that many times and still can't get his name right :P

• Haha 1

How the **** do you watch anything on **** appletv it is the worst **** streaming app ever. Crashes freezes has no play next feature. And now after watching an episode and logged in obviously won't let us load an episode still had the 'subscribe to a free trial' option up at the same time as still being signed in. 

What a **** terrible platform

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

32 minutes ago, Rodders said:

How the **** do you watch anything on **** appletv it is the worst **** streaming app ever. Crashes freezes has no play next feature. And now after watching an episode and logged in obviously won't let us load an episode still had the 'subscribe to a free trial' option up at the same time as still being signed in. 

What a **** terrible platform

I acquire episodes by other means 🕵️‍♂️

• Like 2

Finished under the banner of heaven, brilliant, garfield is superb

Its batshit crazy and if you're anti religion (like me) it's a lot of what I consider religion to be

Its a lot more than just a murder mystery, its got several angles to it and a fair bit of depth

• Like 3

5 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Finished under the banner of heaven, brilliant, garfield is superb

Its batshit crazy and if you're anti religion (like me) it's a lot of what I consider religion to be

Its a lot more than just a murder mystery, its got several angles to it and a fair bit of depth

Have you watched A Friend of the Family yet? It's a bit similar-ish apparently. It's on my watch list for the holidays.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

How many episodes are available now mate? I'm trying to hold off so I can binge watch it.

There is 5 at the moment. Thats a good idea to binge it over xmas!

Its good because all scenes keep you interested. Its not got many boring scenes in it

• Thanks 1

On 12/12/2022 at 22:33, sheepyvillian said:

That has to be the funniest line in The English when Toby Jones's character says to Eli, "well, I didn't know you then like I do know".

He never disappoints Toby, even when he's only in something for 10 minutes, incidentally, I hear Detectorists is coming back, that will be fun. 

Unfortunately only for a Christmas special episode on Boxing Day rather than a full season. One of my favourite TV series!

• Like 1

Â