Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

On 01/12/2022 at 13:41, Designer1 said:

It's **** ace! Jenna Ortega was made for that role.

2 episodes in and very good so far but it does have a Harry Potter type of feel about it and kinds of normalises Wednesday as a character surrounded by so many other oddities but still works 

Spoiler

The Mrs was made up she called Weems being a shapeshifter early doors, bless 

Edited by Follyfoot

Watching the SAS series on BBC. Couple of episodes in and it's been good so far.

I just have no idea why they decided to have so much ACDC music. Must have heard about 4 tracks already and it's very jarring. Feel there's so many better options out there.

14 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Watching the SAS series on BBC. Couple of episodes in and it's been good so far.

I just have no idea why they decided to have so much ACDC music. Must have heard about 4 tracks already and it's very jarring. Feel there's so many better options out there.

As with Peaky Blinders, it's the principal reason I refuse to watch it. 

2 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

As with Peaky Blinders, it's the principal reason I refuse to watch it. 

I quite like the music in Peaky Blinders though I have felt it's very jarring when they use Arctic Monkeys' music. Doesn't fit at all. 

13 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I quite like the music in Peaky Blinders though I have felt it's very jarring when they use Arctic Monkeys' music. Doesn't fit at all. 

Anachronistic music in historical drama is a total deal breaker for me. I don't mind it over the credits, but during the actual action, stick with period recordings (if appropriate) or custom-composed incidental music. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Talldarkandransome said:

I've started watching Reacher in glorious 4k UHD HDR again. Can't wait for series 2.

Bad luck and trouble

It’s my favourite book out of all of them, so hopefully they do it justice🤞🤞

• Like 1

One of the people that made 'Better Call Saul' is working on bringing 'The Destroyer' books to screen.

They've already had one outing in 'Remo - Unarmed & Dangerous'.

If you don't know the premise? It's about the discovery of a teacher of the ultimate martial art, the root of all the others. He's flown to the US from Korea to train an operative that will be used by a very secret service.

The books got well out there. He ends up scrapping with mad religious cults, James Bond style bad guys and the arch enemy is not a million miles from the Terminator.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Xann said:

One of the people that made 'Better Call Saul' is working on bringing 'The Destroyer' books to screen.

They've already had one outing in 'Remo - Unarmed & Dangerous'.

If you don't know the premise? It's about the discovery of a teacher of the ultimate martial art, the root of all the others. He's flown to the US from Korea to train an operative that will be used by a very secret service.

The books got well out there. He ends up scrapping with mad religious cults, James Bond style bad guys and the arch enemy is not a million miles from the Terminator.

Ia that the fella who was taught to walk on water by his 'sensei'  🤣 bonkers film 

25 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Blockbuster was crap. Writers of Brooklyn 99 apparently and could have made a good premise

Netflix sitcoms are fairly poor when they have actual potential, thinking Brews Brothers as well

Yeah I mentioned on here before that I tapped out about half way through the first episode without as much as a smirk.

11 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Yeah I mentioned on here before that I tapped out about half way through the first episode without as much as a smirk.

I watched the full season for my sins and it got slightly better but still wouldnt recommend

I doubt we will get season 2

Mike Flanagan - Director and Writer of Hush, Haunting of Hill House, Haunting of Bly Manor, Midnight Mass, Midnight Club plus the movie versions of Gerald's Game and Doctor Sleep, amongst others - has spoken this week about his desire to get the Dark Tower TV show done on Amazon. His writing style takes heaps of influence from King, and his work on Doctor Sleep in particular was terrific I thought. 

In a way I'd prefer he be involved with versions of The Long Walk, The Institute, or even the more recently released Fairy Tale (absolute peak PG-13 King for me)  which are all ripe for the small or big screen.

The Dark Tower though...as a fully realised TV series spanning 5 series...with all of Amazon's money...don't do that. Don't give me hope.  Especially when Amazon's record isn't exactly great with big budget adaptations of much loved fantasy and sci fi.

Â