Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

2 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

My OT is a serving officer and she was raging at the amateurish interview technique used. Even a dimwit like me could see the driver was in shock and needed better care and attention. Also when at the scene some copper said something like "yeah, gbh is a prison sentence " to the bloke minutes after they arrived on scene was shocking. 

Then she said "watch that scrote go no comment " and lo and behold what a surprise 🙄

I've never been a radical but I would cheerfully pull the trigger on scum like those two crooks for all the aggro they caused and will cause.

i completely forgot this! imagine that, totally shaken up, and you're told at the scene "yeah you're going to prison"

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

I am having to watch Wednesday on Netflix with my 12yr old daughter.

Its not as bad as I thought it’d be!

It's **** ace! Jenna Ortega was made for that role.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Is she the natural progression from Ricci? who for me is and will always be Ms Adams  

Very much so.

Ricci is also in the show, which is ALWAYS a bon(er)us.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Very much so.

Ricci is also in the show, which is ALWAYS a bon(er)us.

Just read she was Ellie Alves in YOU and also the camera girl in X 

I'm in

Edited by Follyfoot

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Compared to the last trailer this looks like a lot more deviations from the game

Still looks great

Good lord, I absolutely hated almost everything about that. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

28 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Do you like the games?

I do. I think it's the awful, vomit enducing, slow version of take on me I can't see (hear) past. 

On 01/12/2022 at 21:23, sheepyvillian said:

White Lotus, episode 6, Jesus, he didn't even wipe his Arris.

Can't really get into it (not the arse wiping !).

Programme seems a bit tame. Only done 3 episodes though.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I assume that's a nod to Ellie playing it in TLOU2

A shame when the OST is really good, would like to hear some more of it in the show / trailers. I concede that the nature of soundtracks on TV versus video games is very different though, but then, there is a lot more cross over in modern gaming than there used to be (the TLOU composer - who is working on the show too - has won two Oscars for example, and Bear McCreary's work is fantastic).

On the plus side, the latest trailer does reinforce that the casting appears to be spot on, although...(don't read if you intend to watch the show but have not played the game)

Spoiler

As a massive Anna Torv fan, her inclusion as Tess is bittersweet as I know she isn't going to be around long. Hopefully they flesh out her relationship with Joel a bit...if only to give her more screen time 😢

23 hours ago, mottaloo said:

Can't really get into it (not the arse wiping !).

Programme seems a bit tame. Only done 3 episodes though.

I'm quite liking the new season of White Lotus. Each story line is making me feel incredibly uncomfortable, which is a bit weird for a TV series. 

• Thanks 1

Started SAS rogue heroes, it's good, obviously got the Steven Knight style all over it

Can't remember if the Flemming TV show was better, do think it benefits straight away from North Africa not being overly used in war films and shows, they could probably do with sprinkling a bit more general war stuff in it, love the way they did like a 2 minute talk about rommel and showed real footage of him doing it, would happily have more of that

Also started under the banner of heaven last night, think I'm going to enjoy that more than the wife, the LDS really are batshit crazy aren't they? The wife doesn't fully understand even the basic story behind them so a lot of it is going over her head - might have to take her to the same school of learning where I got all of my LDS knowledge from... South Park...

Edited by villa4europe

25 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Started SAS rogue heroes, it's good, obviously got the Steven Knight style all over it

Can't remember if the Flemming TV show was better, do think it benefits straight away from North Africa not being overly used in war films and shows, they could probably do with sprinkling a bit more general war stuff in it, love the way they did like a 2 minute talk about rommel and showed real footage of him doing it, would happily have more of that

Also started under the banner of heaven last night, think I'm going to enjoy that more than the wife, the LDS really are batshit crazy aren't they? The wife doesn't fully understand even the basic story behind them so a lot of it is going over her head - might have to take her to the same school of learning where I got all of my LDS knowledge from... South Park...

I really enjoyed this. Its a slow burner for sure, but the writing and acting is top notch.

• Like 1

I am very late with watching certain shows. Now it is Designated Survivor. It's OK but I only follow when it's about the terrorist plot and skip forward when it is about politics. As a huge West Wing fan DS just don't work with the political side.

Â