Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

I'm really enjoying The Boys. That was probably the biggest "wtf" episodes of the series. 

Spoiler

A-Train swinging from you wanting him to die to wanting him to redeem himself... was pretty cathartic seeing him drag Blue Hawk into bloody entrails on the road. At what cost to his health... doubt they'd kill him off here.

Homelander licking his wounds a bit. After everything going his way and Annie going public with Vought being torpedoed... will he bring Edgar back in? Maybe send Neuman after Soldier Boy? 

7 hours ago, El Zen said:

Completed up to and including series seven of my Taskmaster catch-up now. Probably the best one yet. 

I don't think it can be topped. Acasters massive indifference to Alex is also hilarious. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Was hoping The Boys would pick up again after the slight dip in season 2 but I’m 3 episodes into Season 3 and it’s very dull so far. 

I think it’s great but even if you’re not enjoying it I don’t think ‘dull’ would be an appropriate word, it’s anything but.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

I think it’s great but even if you’re not enjoying it I don’t think ‘dull’ would be an appropriate word, it’s anything but.

Nothing really happens apart from the odd gory set piece. 

I enjoy it, but I think the novelty of superheroes being dickheads only Carrie’s them so far. 

It’s a shadow of what it was in season 1, which was brilliant

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

I enjoy it, but I think the novelty of superheroes being dickheads only Carrie’s them so far. 

Well  wait until 

Spoiler

You get to ep6. One of the best of the entire series so far. 

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I think it was weaker as I didn't like the central story arc as much or particularly enjoy the new main character, the comedy and set pieces were good enough to see it through though

What I thought it did do well at times was point the finger at America and how daft and broken a country it can be at times 

That's one of the highlights of the entire show imo it's crazy that it took a show like the boys to say it, that's a massive comment about what American society is 

21 minutes ago, sne said:

Didn't bother with this season of The Boys. S1 was fun, S2 less so when the novelty wore off so no interest in S3 for me.

I think that’s the biggest problem. Once the novelty wears off half the fun is gone. 

• Like 1

On 25/06/2022 at 00:13, El Zen said:

Completed up to and including series seven of my Taskmaster catch-up now. Probably the best one yet. 

I do love that show, the first few series on Channel 4 dipped a little (I think mainly as there was no audience because of covid) but it picked up again after one or two.

Finished "Suspect" with James Nesbitt (Channel 4) - 3/10

- Such a strange series,  the episodes seem 20 mins long or something.  (Maybe adverts but they seem super short).

- I hated it.  Almost every minute of it.  I don't believe any element of it as a story.

Spoiler

- Nothing really believable in this at all.  They are having an absolute laugh,  King pin drug dealer who looks 12 years old.  

- Made on the cheap I think,  single room episodes.  

-Seeing dead people,  never been done before.

- I am not having him finding his own daughter on the slab without him realizing.

- Why let him investigate it at all if its all a bit dodgy and it is his daughter.

- Take as much evidence you need from anywhere in the lab.  Doesn't matter,  no come back on it missing either so go for it.

- Leave people alone in Labs & houses so they can do whatever.

-Necklaces/Jewelry  never been used before in a series😑

-Pictures in a house of the family + necklace,  this has never been used before in a series.  

-Clue in a grainy video of something in the background like an initial or something,  never done before.

Its like they built it backwards,  this is who did it so make it fit if you can.

Garbage.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Finished "Suspect" with James Nesbitt (Channel 4) - 3/10

- Such a strange series,  the episodes seem 20 mins long or something.  (Maybe adverts but they seem super short).

- I hated it.  Almost every minute of it.  I don't believe any element of it as a story.

Reveal hidden contents

- Nothing really believable in this at all.  They are having an absolute laugh,  King pin drug dealer who looks 12 years old.  

- Made on the cheap I think,  single room episodes.  

-Seeing dead people,  never been done before.

- I am not having him finding his own daughter on the slab without him realizing.

- Why let him investigate it at all if its all a bit dodgy and it is his daughter.

- Take as much evidence you need from anywhere in the lab.  Doesn't matter,  no come back on it missing either so go for it.

- Leave people alone in Labs & houses so they can do whatever.

-Necklaces/Jewelry  never been used before in a series😑

-Pictures in a house of the family + necklace,  this has never been used before in a series.  

-Clue in a grainy video of something in the background like an initial or something,  never done before.

Its like they built it backwards,  this is who did it so make it fit if you can.

Garbage.

I keep returning to James Nesbitt dramas mainly based on thinking he was great in Murphy's Law, he always disappoints. Always, even in The Missing. Since Murphy's Law, he hasnt delivered at all. That's why I didn't watch Suspect. Too many times he has been the weakest link in a TV drama. 

• Like 1

Just finished Bosch Legacy, same high quality as the previous Bosch seasons. One thing that bugs me though. Maddie Bosch as Police officer just isn't very convincing physically. Looks about 13yrs old and 8 stone, couldn't punch her way out of a paper bag.

• Like 1

Didn';t know Umbrella Academy was back on - whizzed through 7 episodes over the weekend.

Sloane is a nice addition I must say

spacer.png

• Like 3

Â