Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

17 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Does the pacing slow down at all? 

Hide contents

First episode had Uthred's brother and father die, Ragner adopt him, Kjartan's betrayal, Uthred and Brida growing up, Ragnar's death and the fall of all kingdom's but Wessex. That was about half of the first book. 

Yes it does - they did steam through his youth but then everything else is at a more normal pace!

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Yes it does - they did steam through his youth but then everything else is at a more normal pace!

Id seen that 13 books went into 5 seasons so was a tad worried after the first episode. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

I'm 20 minutes into All of us are dead and I think about a quarter of that has involved people talking with their mouths full of food. It's really distracting and making me want to turn it off. 

I've not seen it but as it's a Korean show this does not surprise me at all.  They love focusing in on people eating and stuff.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

I've not seen it but as it's a Korean show this does not surprise me at all.  They love focusing in on people eating and stuff.

I've watched a few Korean shows and don't remember seeing it before? I'm on episode 2 and it appears to have stopped now so think it was just one of those things. 

4 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I quite enjoyed The Fear Index on Sky.  I've read all Robert Harris's books but this was probably the one I remembered the least about.  Only 4 episodes so easily watchable in an evening.

Yes, finished this last night. It was a decent enough yarn and 4 episodes was more than enough. 

22 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

I've watched a few Korean shows and don't remember seeing it before? I'm on episode 2 and it appears to have stopped now so think it was just one of those things. 

You might notice it more now even if it's a bit more subtle than in All of Us Are Dead.  It's definitely a thing, there are online streamers that do something call Mukbang which is basically on an online eating show.

3 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

You might notice it more now even if it's a bit more subtle than in All of Us Are Dead.  It's definitely a thing, there are online streamers that do something call Mukbang which is basically on an online eating show.

Maybe I just haven't noticed it before. I don't mind them eating, it's the close ups of them eating and talking I'm not fond of. I don't really want to see half chewed food, I get enough of that from my 4 year old. 

13 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Bel air. Why havethey made carlton such a unlikeable charchter? He might as well be a alien from jupiter as the chatchters  are So different 

At least "The licence plate said fresh and it had dice in the mirror"

• Like 1

seeing people talking about a show called bel air so i looked it up. they seriously have tried to create a non-funny version of fresh prince?? just watched the trailer, and i hate it without seeing a single episode

maybe if the original comedy had never happened it could work on its own? not sure i'm going to watch and find out for myself. it just looks terrible

7 hours ago, tomav84 said:

seeing people talking about a show called bel air so i looked it up. they seriously have tried to create a non-funny version of fresh prince?? just watched the trailer, and i hate it without seeing a single episode

maybe if the original comedy had never happened it could work on its own? not sure i'm going to watch and find out for myself. it just looks terrible

It is. They would have been better just creating new characters completely from the same town.

Its just lame

7 hours ago, tomav84 said:

I didn't watch the original so have no interest in a reboot. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 14/02/2022 at 15:44, sne said:

Apparently there is some sort of organized protest happening where tons people are posting versions of a Tolkien quote going something like “Evil cannot create anything new, it can only spoil and destroy what good forces have invented or created" in the comment section for the trailer :D 

The worst thing about enjoying anything to do with Tolkien's work is that all the world's reactionaries Have Strong Opinions about it, and aren't shy about letting you know.

Just watched the season finale of Peacemaker. So so so good. Bravo James Gunn. Bravo.

Spoiler

Loved when the Justice League turned up at the end and Peacemaker was giving them shit for turning up late and the Aquaman f**ks fish retort!

On 15/02/2022 at 22:34, tomav84 said:

To be honest I quite like the concept. I was quite excited by it, just for the novelty value if nothing else.

But sounds like it hasn't been executed particularly well

Â