Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

1 hour ago, Big Salad said:

Finished the first season of Resident Alien. Pleasantly surprised how much I liked it and looking forward to the next season whenever it comes out (Probably next year).

Yep.  Was funny and also easy going family entertainment.  The alien actor is superb. Me and my 9 year old daughter but enjoyed it  

• Like 1

Still on "Outlander" and it slightly annoyed me last night.

In season one, it was OK for them to show us Black Jack Randall's cock, but last night when Claire had her fanny waxed we didn't get to see anything.

spacer.png

Rewatching Peaky Blinders having found it alright and just needing some background TV…got to say, I actually think it’s a load of shit. Great if you like wide shots, lots of slow motion walking, a thousand versions of the same song, ridiculously try-hard character development (ooo look here’s Polly she’s empowering, ooo look it’s Michael he’s arrrd and trying to make a name for himself, here’s Arthur he’s mental and unhinged, ooo here’s Tommy he’s brooding and doesn’t smile). And the plots have just become utterly ridiculous.

I imagine it must be popular in Brum so sorry, but had to vent…

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Spoony said:

Rewatching Peaky Blinders having found it alright and just needing some background TV…got to say, I actually think it’s a load of shit. Great if you like wide shots, lots of slow motion walking, a thousand versions of the same song, ridiculously try-hard character development (ooo look here’s Polly she’s empowering, ooo look it’s Michael he’s arrrd and trying to make a name for himself, here’s Arthur he’s mental and unhinged, ooo here’s Tommy he’s brooding and doesn’t smile). And the plots have just become utterly ridiculous.

I imagine it must be popular in Brum so sorry, but had to vent…

I’m in Bham and currently watching it for the first time.  If it wasn’t set in Bham I would have given up, but because it name drops locations that I know it helps maintain my interest.  For example the gang that was walking up Stratford Road made me chuckle.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Big Salad said:

Anyone else watched Squid Game on Netflix? I am 3 episodes in. Weird as **** at times but overall keeps you entertained.

It's next on my list so hoping it's good. 

From the tiny bits I know about it already it does seem like a remake of Battle Royale which is a great film. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sne said:

Also the first 2 eps of sci-fi epos Foundation are out

Gaal Dornik and Selvor Hardin (both men in the book) are cast as young black women in the new production. I'd expect an enraged reaction from right wingers, but I suspect that the venn diagram of 2021 TV sci-fi fans and readers of 1950s SF books has a pretty small overlap. 

1 hour ago, sne said:

This one is out today I think, new Mike Flanagan series. Might be something.

HeroPress: Looks Like Netflix Has Some Creepy Religious Horror For Us...

Also the first 2 eps of sci-fi epos Foundation are out

Foundation (TV Series 2021– ) - IMDb

3 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Gaal Dornik and Selvor Hardin (both men in the book) are cast as young black women in the new production. I'd expect an enraged reaction from right wingers, but I suspect that the venn diagram of 2021 TV sci-fi fans and readers of 1950s SF books has a pretty small overlap. 

Jared Harris you say, I'm in.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Neither do I😉, are the grandchildren not old enough to teach how to find such things?

Time to sail the high seas, or go Eazy on the TV 😁

• Like 1

Â