Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

17 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I LOVED Breaking Bad. Watched the first two series of BCS, and thought it was no better than OK. Gave up at that point. 

Ahh, should have carried on, it just gets better and better, it's more BB after what you've seen. Can't recommend you carry on enough.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Exactly my point, it's not as if I dislike all comedy that has a laugh track as I do like many, my problem with it is when an actor delivers a line, waits for 2 seconds for fake laughter, then the next actor retorts, waits 2 seconds for more laughter.  It just kills it.  That said I've only seen bits of Seinfeld so willing to give it more time than I would normally because of CYE.

The bulk of it was filmed in front of an audience, so the pauses were needed! 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Ahh, should have carried on, it just gets better and better, it's more BB after what you've seen. Can't recommend you carry on enough.

Ah, cba. I've forgotten it all now, so I'd have to start again. The missus was underwhelmed too, so it ain't gonna happen. 

8 minutes ago, Big Salad said:

Anyone else really looking forward to the season premier of Goliath here in a couple of weeks?

Top top show and Billy Bob Thornton is phenomenal.

Its Russian Doll for me, and Survivor as I have sophisticated tastes. The latter is a couple of weeks away but no word on Russian Doll. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

The North Water looks very promising after one episode. Hopefully it'll be like 'The Terror', but without the silly monster. 

I enjoyed the first 3-4 episodes of the Terror but it dropped off a cliff when they introduced the beast… so overall it was a tad disappointing in its entirety. 

Haven’t tried The North Water yet (probably for fearing it will also peter out) but is on the list. 

On 10/09/2021 at 08:27, Big Salad said:

Anyone else really looking forward to the season premier of Goliath here in a couple of weeks?

Just finished binging all three seasons.  Great show. No one does laid back like BBT.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

I enjoyed the first 3-4 episodes of the Terror but it dropped off a cliff when they introduced the beast… so overall it was a tad disappointing in its entirety. 

Haven’t tried The North Water yet (probably for fearing it will also peter out) but is on the list. 

The real beast was Hickey. 

• Like 1

On 10/09/2021 at 08:27, Big Salad said:

Yes!

• Like 1

Â