Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

Aston Villa under the new UEFA rules would not be eligible to participate in Europe, is it any wonder why we have a sell to buy policy?

No Phil, it cant be a reason like that, or because of the recession, or due to the fact that we never manage to fill the ground so we can get the revenue in that we need.

It's because Randy doens't trust MON with the money, however he is happy to keep him on as manager in the mean time, surely that is obvious?

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aston Villa under the new UEFA rules would not be eligible to participate in Europe, is it any wonder why we have a sell to buy policy?

No Phil, it cant be a reason like that, or because of the recession, or due to the fact that we never manage to fill the ground so we can get the revenue in that we need.

It's because Randy doens't trust MON with the money, however he is happy to keep him on as manager in the mean time, surely that is obvious?

Of course he doesn't trust him. Everyone knows that Randy was the brains behind the A. Young, Milner, Downing, Petrov, Cuellar, Dunne, Warnock, Collins and Delph deals.

If our 3 main targets are Keane, McGeady & Ireland I will say right now I will be seriously unimpressed.

To be fair i think warnock is the only player we've bought in the last two years i havent been unimpressed with, james collins being the main example, i thought what the **** have we done, but he had a great first season imo

Theres no reason why those three on paper look uninspiring but when they integrate into the team look good

I heard a little rumour via the grapevine yesterday...

Now this could just be a crazy rumour... but was wondering if anyone knows any more on it...

Apparently, Randy is going through a divorce, therefore having to give 50% of his wealth to the ex-wife.... hence us seeming very skint.

Has anyone else heard that?

I heard a little rumour via the grapevine yesterday...

Now this could just be a crazy rumour... but was wondering if anyone knows any more on it...

Apparently, Randy is going through a divorce, therefore having to give 50% of his wealth to the ex-wife.... hence us seeming very skint.

Has anyone else heard that?

Randy and Mon did go through a rocky patch but they're through it now. The pre-nuptial agreement is only one years salary anyway. :lol:

I would respectfully suggest that should the owner had lost trust in the manager to the extent that he is not giving him responsibility for identifying new signings then he would have removed the manager by now, or MON would have walked

I would respectfully suggest that should the owner had lost trust in the manager to the extent that he is not giving him responsibility for identifying new signings then he would have removed the manager by now, or MON would have walked

Agree with this. MON would be out the door so it looks like that is not the case IMO.

Sky sports Rumours has us about to table bid for Andre Pierre Gignac , 11 Mill , I know its unsubstantiated Balls but, wondered what you all thought of this guy??

Where is this? It's not the rumors fans publish is it? :s

I'm afraid it is. It comes from the fertile imagination of a Villa fan.

Sky sports Rumours has us about to table bid for Andre Pierre Gignac , 11 Mill , I know its unsubstantiated Balls but, wondered what you all thought of this guy??
My first thought was who?

My first thought was who?

Scored quite a few goals in the fesnch league, but i think he is crap, he looked for for france(who didnt) in the WC