Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is O'Neill's fifth summer at Villa now, and we should all know how he works the transfer market like the back of our hands. Yet still there are threads like this full of hysterical moaners complaining like it's the end of the world just because we haven't got a player in yet.

Get a grip.

Kim Källström? A Gareth Barry light, without his experience of PL. Maybe a little bit quicker, bot not that much. Decent shot, though. Nah, wouldn't get excited, but probably the best swede we could get. So why buy any swede?

This is O'Neill's fifth summer at Villa now, and we should all know how he works the transfer market like the back of our hands. Yet still there are threads like this full of hysterical moaners complaining like it's the end of the world just because we haven't got a player in yet.

Get a grip.

It's kind of funny, isn't it? :)

Get a grip.

I think it's probably more down to the fact that O'Neill still doesn't seem to show signs of changing the way he approaches the transfer window, it frustrates the hell out of people. I think people would like to believe that, after four previous summers of generally bringing in players late that there are still no signs of attemping to get the targets he wants in early, gives the squad the best, most organised pre-season possible and going into the first game of the season with a squad that's prepared fully for the new season and not losing silly games against poor european clubs/wigans, etc. Personally, i know O'Neill won't change and i'm not too concerned about the way he deals in the transfer market. I'm sort of playing devils advocate. In this particular window though I honestly believe alot of agents are holding back, the world cup does complicate matters and i think we're holding out for the right Milner deal before given the go ahead on two or three potential targets.

To be fair to our manager why should he change his approach to transfers?

How he goes about it seems to work for him.

Indeed upto a point.

We're at that point.

Why?

I wouldn't give an ass if he left it till the 31st of August, as long as he gets the people he deems will improve to team/squad. He has improved both year on year by doing exactly what he is doing now, so what grounds do people have to doubt he will do it again?

If what he does fails to work out it will be him that answers for it.

Anthony Annan would be cheap and he's young, 24 tomorrow. Could be the holding midfielder player MON is looking for since he hates NRC.

Yeah couldn't agree more, from what I have seen of him he looks very promising. Seems to relish and have the discipline to play in the holding role too... supposedly they don't want that much money for him either.

I can't imagine there is any chance we will be bringing him in though... we'll have the "exciting" signings of McGeady, Keane and probably someone else unispiring to look forward to.

One thing that is good is that people seem to be a lot more patient this year, I guess MON has been training us well!

I always prefer players to be at the club, in the main, before the season starts so that they can get used to the place and their new team mates, tactics etc before we have kicked a ball. I think, maybe naively , that to join after the season has started makes that settling in period a little more hectic and can detract from their performance