Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

(Joe) Cole is on a free I've heard. Worth a shout but might demand some good money in wages.

He's after £30m over 5 years according to the dear old Daily Mail - £120,000 a week.

He'll go to Spuds then.

Man City you mean?

Spuds don't pay those kind of wages.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(Joe) Cole is on a free I've heard. Worth a shout but might demand some good money in wages.

He's after £30m over 5 years according to the dear old Daily Mail - £120,000 a week.

He'll go to Spuds then.

Man City you mean?

Spuds don't pay those kind of wages.

Hm, anyway, Benayounn it is, then.

We will sell more than we buy

We need two midfielders (one of a defensive nature and one of an attacking nature), a top striker and the old favourite right back (although I think we already have a pretty decent one at the club, shame MON does not agree)

We will sell more than we buy.

I think you're right, it'll be a strange summer this one. I wonder how many teams will be bold enough to balance what they do and take the flak from the fans in favour of long term stability. I think there's a chance that things will only start happening once City and Chelsea start throwing money about, I think the rest of us will be to some extent fueled by that money then sloshing around the leagues.

We need two midfielders (one of a defensive nature and one of an attacking nature), a top striker and the old favourite right back (although I think we already have a pretty decent one at the club, shame MON does not agree)

Pretty much agree, but I also think we need a left back and I wouldn't mind seeing a keeper.

People need to get Bent (lol) out of their heads. Not going to happen. Stop fantasising about it.
#

100 million per cent agree!! we missed out on him. his value ha increased. he prob wont move anyways. hes on crazy wages. get over it.

i cant help wondering what some players might be like if they got the proper support and quality deileverys into the strikers...

like stephen fletcher,kalinic,doyle etc..

could be worth a punt and maybe produce 10,15 goals a season.

thoughts??

We will sell more than we buy.

I think you're right, it'll be a strange summer this one. I wonder how many teams will be bold enough to balance what they do and take the flak from the fans in favour of long term stability. I think there's a chance that things will only start happening once City and Chelsea start throwing money about, I think the rest of us will be to some extent fueled by that money then sloshing around the leagues.

Pretty much agree, but I also think we need a left back and I wouldn't mind seeing a keeper.

And I absolutley agree with you. However on the first point you make, yes every year the market doesn't seem to take off until the real money is spent and I think this year we can include Tottingham Hoofspuds in that mix as well, thats the nature of the game these days I think

On the second I do not think we have the capacity to also recruit a left back, unless it is just cover for say 1M or under and as to goalkeeper I thought there were high hopes for Guzan?

Guzan had a somewhat underwhelming end to his year and I'm not entirely convinced.

I think the top of the tree will remain as it's been for a while, but I don't think you'll have to go far down the table to find some very cautious chairmen. I don't think Liverpool will spend much and I'm not sure Everton will spend much prior to sales. Sunderland seem to have a bit of cash but already have a very large squad. Beyond that it's difficult to see many clubs outside of the top eight coming out with a net spend of more than a few million.

It's difficult (or at least for me it is!) to see exactly how this will pan out, but a summer transfer window in a league that's gone bust will be an interesting watch.

It's not a great time to be Joe Cole I would think, he wants £120k a week, but frankly if the three teams that can afford that don't want him he'll need to be prepared to drop his demands by about half.

A strange summer ahead I think.

I don't think we're going to see a massive improvement in Spurs and Man City this summer.

Spurs probably will buy 2 or 3 players who will only move for Champs League football.

Man City, however, probably won't do much. They can't buy many players better than what they already have. Unless they plan to do a complete shuffle again - in which case they'll have the same problem as this year in that they have a team that need to gel together before they start to play well.

Either way - I don't think we'll see a huge change in "The Race for 4th" and also don't think we'll need to spend loads and loads to put up a fight.

Correct, just like last summer they'll be some decent pick ups leaving like Dunney. Would happily have Onouha and Ireland in our squad for next season.

And if they're spending 200m + what happens to the likes of Given, Hart, Lescott, Bridge, Kompany, De Jong, Barry, Adam Johnson, Adebayor, Tevez, Bellamy? All half decent premier league players last time I looked.

The problem with Man. City is the mentality of the club, not the actual team imo.