Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

José Manuel Jurado from Atlético Madrid

and

Roberto Soldado from Getafe

That is all

We've a better chance of getting Soldado IMO not that it's a good chance to start with. Both superb though.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are perhaps going about this in the wrong way. Look at the Opta Stats for the clubs below us in the league, with the exception of Liverpool. Check out their best player. They are the one's we are likely to be after. We did the same with Dunne, Collins and Friedel, roughly, and I'd expect MON to do something similar again. This isn't an exact science but I'd guess is a consideratgion for the manager.

We are perhaps going about this in the wrong way. Look at the Opta Stats for the clubs below us in the league, with the exception of Liverpool. Check out their best player. They are the one's we are likely to be after. We did the same with Dunne, Collins and Friedel, roughly, and I'd expect MON to do something similar again. This isn't an exact science but I'd guess is a consideratgion for the manager.

The best players have the best stats? Isn't that just logical?

José Manuel Jurado from Atlético Madrid

and

Roberto Soldado from Getafe

That is all

We've a better chance of getting Soldado IMO not that it's a good chance to start with. Both superb though.

ANYONE BUT HESKEY,OH ****, we've already got him,but you wouldn't know it.

Sadly,10 to a penny,he will be here still,laugh my tits of if he got the golden boot at the WC,no chance.

Loads of players I've not seen or heard of and was wondering if someone in the know could start a thread just for video footage of all these players we talk about then everyone can look at it and comment back on here.

If this is a shit idea or its already up an running i,ll get my coat,the one in white with arms tied round the back please.

The best players have the best stats? Isn't that just logical?

:lol:

going by this revolutionary theory we'll be aiming for:

joe hart

paul robinson

kevin davies

stephen fletcher

leighton baines

mark schwarzer

stephen hunt

pepe reina

jamie o'hara

matthew etherington

darren bent

robert green

hugo rodallega

joey craddock

hmm

How can Paul Robinson and Kevin Davies both be the best player at Bolton?

I would have thought Lee would be their best player on stats, I wouldn't mind having him at Villa actually, better than Downing, good work rate and only 22. Would also raise our profile in South Korea.

going by this revolutionary theory we'll be aiming for:

joe hart

paul robinson

kevin davies

stephen fletcher

leighton baines

mark schwarzer

stephen hunt

pepe reina

jamie o'hara

matthew etherington

darren bent

robert green

hugo rodallega

joey craddock

hmm

Reina,Baines,Bent and Rodallega.Sorted. :D

Haha, 10 pages of cack already

:crylaugh:

Brilliant constructive and worthwhile post, as per usual! :thumb:

Get used to it, I'll pop in every 10 pages just for a laugh

Wow, this thread is off to a flyer.

Reminds me of kids writing their Christmas lists.

But this one usually ends with more disappointment (Unless you wished for a donkey perhaps!) :P

I'd happily take O'Hara and Fletcher as outfield players.

The theory isn't as daft as it sounds. If you go one step further and pick the second best Opta stat player for each club as well. I'll happily donate £50 to VT if we don't sign one of these players. It makes sense to pick the best players at the respective clubs, I appreciate how soft that sounds, but Ireland isn't the best player at City, neither is Bellamy, neither is Keane at Spuds etc. It's a system that I genuinely believe that MON has some faith in.

Yossi Benayoun please...very very underated.

Always thought he would be a very good signing, but not so sure about him now. How old is he? Would he be a very good squad player or starter?

Just turned 30, starter...better than Downing IMO.

Yep, I'd definitely go in for Benayoun, he runs at players and actually goes past them, opening space up for other. Exactly what we need at times.

But Benayouns not a wide man is he? Doesnt he play just just in behind the striker?

I know one thing for sure though, if we played Gabby and a smaller guy upfront together wed have to cut out a lot of the long balls.

That's Yossi's preferred position, but Benitez has played him on teh right wing on many occasions.

I don't agree with your assessment of playing Gabby and a shorter player, especially after this year. Gabby's gotten a lot better at playing with his back into the centerback, and has over the course of this season turned into a faster, goalscoring version of Lionel Heskey. As a matter of fact, one of the best goals Gabby ever scored was off of a long ball (at the Emirates last season, when he fought off Gallas, circus-sealed the ball onto his right, and hit it on the half-volley). Actually, one of the things that miffed me most about Sunday's match was that the Fonz didn't come on first, so we could see what the Gabby-Fonz partnership would look like.

Im not saying stop playing long balls, just not so many because we wouldnt have Carew there to win the flickons.

How can Paul Robinson and Kevin Davies both be the best player at Bolton?

I would have thought Lee would be their best player on stats, I wouldn't mind having him at Villa actually, better than Downing, good work rate and only 22. Would also raise our profile in South Korea.

Lee looks a good prospect.