Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yossi Benayoun please...very very underated.

Always thought he would be a very good signing, but not so sure about him now. How old is he? Would he be a very good squad player or starter?

Just turned 30, starter...better than Downing IMO.

Yep, I'd definitely go in for Benayoun, he runs at players and actually goes past them, opening space up for other. Exactly what we need at times.

But Benayouns not a wide man is he? Doesnt he play just just in behind the striker?

If he was signed for that position, i think he could be that player with the bit of movement and craft that we need. Trouble is, hes not a goalscorer and we might need a goalscorer more. Not sure really :)

I know one thing for sure though, if we played Gabby and a smaller guy upfront together wed have to cut out a lot of the long balls.

Wouldn't mind something like:

Young (£4 Million), Beye (£1 Million), Davies (Season loan out to someone like Fulham, ready to come back for first team after that), Sidwell (4 Million), Carew (£4 Million), Heskey (£3 Million).....then:

Micah Richards - £8 Million.

Nathaniel Clyne - £2 Million.

Graham Dorrans. - £5.5 Million.

Landon Donovan/Clint Demspey - £6 Million.

Steven Fletcher - £3.5 Million.

Santa Cruz - £8 Million?

Friedel, Guzan

Richards, Clyne.

Dunne, Cuellar, Collins, Clark.

Warnock, Shorey.

Young, Albrighton

Donovan/Demspey, Downing.

Milner, Reo-Coker, Petrov, Dorrans, (Delph towards the end)

Fletcher, Santa Cruz, Gabby, Fonz.

Okay, unrealistic but what I'd personally like and just about within range of budget.

Donovan and Dempsey can play wide or centrally if struggling. Dorrans is creative and a good player. Fletcher is a very clever footballer which is what we missed in my opinion, while Santa Cruz if fit will get goals. Richards good for now and future while Clyne in the future too to learn his trade.

I'd like to see something on the lines of someone foreign (usually are great under pressure too), good ability, someone who takes chances and puts plenty of goals in the net and is relatively cheap (seems the hard one). If you can name players based on that profile then i'll be more then happy to see them with a villa shirt on!

Yossi Benayoun please...very very underated.

Always thought he would be a very good signing, but not so sure about him now. How old is he? Would he be a very good squad player or starter?

Just turned 30, starter...better than Downing IMO.

Yep, I'd definitely go in for Benayoun, he runs at players and actually goes past them, opening space up for other. Exactly what we need at times.

But Benayouns not a wide man is he? Doesnt he play just just in behind the striker?

I know one thing for sure though, if we played Gabby and a smaller guy upfront together wed have to cut out a lot of the long balls.

That's Yossi's preferred position, but Benitez has played him on teh right wing on many occasions.

I don't agree with your assessment of playing Gabby and a shorter player, especially after this year. Gabby's gotten a lot better at playing with his back into the centerback, and has over the course of this season turned into a faster, goalscoring version of Lionel Heskey. As a matter of fact, one of the best goals Gabby ever scored was off of a long ball (at the Emirates last season, when he fought off Gallas, circus-sealed the ball onto his right, and hit it on the half-volley). Actually, one of the things that miffed me most about Sunday's match was that the Fonz didn't come on first, so we could see what the Gabby-Fonz partnership would look like.

I would like to see:

Doyle

Ireland

Bellamy

Dorrans

And play like this.

------------------------Doyle--------------------------

Bellamy--------------Ireland--------------------Young

-----------------Milner------Dorrans-------------------

Warnock---------Dunne---Collins------------L. young

------------------------Freidel---------------------------

This team is not impossible at all. Id love to sign players like Suarez, huntelaar etc but with MON in charge it aint gonna happen and ultimately I think it will be his downfall. The team above would be good though.

Sell:

Reo-Coker

Sidwell

Beye

Heskey

etc

I would like to see:

Doyle

Ireland

Bellamy

Dorrans

And play like this.

------------------------Doyle--------------------------

Bellamy--------------Ireland--------------------Young

-----------------Milner------Dorrans-------------------

Warnock---------Dunne---Collins------------L. young

------------------------Freidel---------------------------

Nice and defensive I see. Two attacking midfielders behind Stephen Ireland, can't see anything wrong there.

That above team is weaker than what we have now, :s :?

No chance pal. That team above is far better than what we have now. I suppose your part of the group that thinks Carew, Petrov and Downing are good enough.

Is Doyle better than Gabby? No

Is Dorrans better than Petrov? No

That above team is weaker than what we have now, :s :?

No chance pal. That team above is far better than what we have now. I suppose your part of the group that thinks Carew, Petrov and Downing are good enough.

Is Doyle better than Gabby? No

Is Dorrans better than Petrov? No

May have to concede on the Gabby one, It would be close between him and Doyle. I think Gabby needs to improve his movement a bit, but he is a top player still. Maybe he is better than Doyle.

Dont agree on Dorrans one, your just saying that because he was a Championship player last year.

Petrovs one of the most overated players in a villa shirt in the last ten years.

Dont agree on Dorrans one, your just saying that because he was a Championship player last year.

Well maybe the fact he is completely unproven at the top level is a reason to question him. Plenty of players with good touch and skill have stood out in the championship like Jason Koumas, doesn't mean they will make it.