Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about an Upson Bent topic?

If Upson was bent, he'd surely have got a lot closer to his man!

Surely you mean Klose :D

Back on the subject of Milner with England now out and on their way home I think we will soon know where his future lies.

But Rooney does it more more against the best sides week in week out and in the Champions League week in, week out. Plus his whole build up play and game is better, yet apparently Bent is better ....

shame about the world cup eh? he was a disgrace, you can't honestly think Bent wouldn't have done a worse job?

What about an Upson Bent topic?

If Upson was bent, he'd surely have got a lot closer to his man!

Surely you mean Klose :D

Back on the subject of Milner with England now out and on their way home I think we will soon know where his future lies.

About bloody time in regards to Milner! On another note will the offers finish in the supermarket now?

But Rooney does it more more against the best sides week in week out and in the Champions League week in, week out. Plus his whole build up play and game is better, yet apparently Bent is better ....

shame about the world cup eh? he was a disgrace, you can't honestly think Bent wouldn't have done a worse job?

Well for starters, it was clear at the start of the tournament he wasn't fit, hence why he also was a doubt for a couple games.

Then he's played out of position.

Play Bent in a number 10 rule, about 70% fit and then let's see his performances. :?

It's a joke. Not Rooney's fault the manager decides to play him in his weaker position.

The thing I hate about the World Cup is the fact that players blow-up and gather a lot of attention from big clubs and big leagues, and more often then not teams get into bidding wars and end up paying double or triple what they are worth, and then they flop. You have to be very cautious when choosing a player based on world cup form, Podolski is an example. The guy is an absolute BEAST for Germany when playing, but when he suited up for Bayern, and this passed season Koln, he was and has been dreadful.

I'd love to get one of Honda or Ozil, the latter is obviously a pipe dream, but hey I can dream!

If he was half as good as you make out he would be able to both comfortably, world class players such as Messi and Ozil are adaptable

Both players are played in their best positions for their national team though.

Podolski is way overrated.

He has his pace, but the guy constantly shoots when he has the ball, and half of the time he is so wasteful. He should have about 8-10 goals with the amount of great passes Ozil has made. He is also very greedy, I rarely see him make a pass in a good position, he instead goes for the run or the 25 yard smash which goes wide.

If he was half as good as you make out he would be able to both comfortably, world class players such as Messi and Ozil are adaptable

Both players are played in their best positions for their national team though.

Exactly. Both play with freedom in their best position. Give the freedom to Rooney and allow him to play by himself upfront like United do.

Personally, I'm a striker. I've played at a decent enough level, the difference for me personally between playing as the main striker up front with someone off you and then in the hole is massive. What's great about up front with someone off you (like I personally play) is that it doesn't demand you to constantly be looking for the ball, you don't have to be dropping deep, your not expected too. When you are in the hole, you almost feel obliged to come for the ball even when you don't really want it because that's your job. When your the main striker, you can still drop deep but when you feel comfortable in doing so and knowing you have the space around you to make a difference. Rooney is a striker not a creator.

You think Messi and Ozil are adaptable? I'd like to see Messi playing a disciplined right midfield role or on the last man looking to getin behind at evry opportunity. Likewise with Ozil he can only play in that role behind the striker. He stayed in that role against Serbia despite Germany being a man down because that is his sole position. Rooney used to be a link up striker or someone who could play out wide but hes a different player now due to the last season in which he carried one of the biggest clubs in world football.

I've seen Ozil play on the wings and in Central midfield.

I've also seen Messi play on the left and up front, most noticably in the CL final.

Rooney is also adaptable, so it's all silly really.

Football took a turn recently and before Inter the two champions league winning teams played a 4-6-0 system, United played Ronaldo through the middle and Rooney and Tevez essentially on the flanks, Barca had Eto'o on the left, Messi in the middle and Henry on the right. In the modern game adaptable doesnt mean Rooney can fill in in right back, that goes against his nature. It means the ability to function within the team regardless of formation, and all the best players can do this.

Unfortunately Rooney was shattered, injured and generally **** during this WC and didn't have a chance to shine.

tbh i dont care about signings or atleast i dont worry about them, martin will make a few over the summer and our team will improve as a result otherwise its not in martins way to stay. i just cant wait for the premier league season to start again, the fantastic football, the villa, motd with a cold beer :) mmmmmmmmmmm bring it on

Özil will not come to the villa after the world cup he is having, although I assume your tongue in cheek. I would have Kediera however. If possible I would bust a gut to nab Lahm....but its the villa.