Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

Well if Villareal are skint I'd like us to attempt to buy Nilmar, Rossi and Altidore. Obviously not all of them but I think Villareal would be tempted with a £12 million bid for Rossi. He'd be great for us, exactly the type of player we need and would easily settle in at Villa because he's already played in the Premier League and can speak perfect English! For me, as long as the deal is less than £15 million, I think getting Giuseppe Rossi is a no-brainer for Villa.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well we pay big wages to Sidwell, Beye, Heskey, Petrov and Downing so we can pay big wages to Rossi!

I doubt he'd ask for more than what Carew is on and I also doubt he's on that much money at Villareal considering they bought him as a young untested striker a few years ago.

40 England caps not enough?

How many of those England caps of Defoes were 20 minute cameo appearances? or a first half partnered by some other fringe player only to be subbed due to the pair of them not even knowing each others names?

I could count the number of times Defoe has played with Rooney on one thumb

Well, to be fair, in their England careers, only started 6 games with each other but when both of them have been on the pitch from the start, they've scored 0.

Oh come on now were scraping the barrell a little dont ya think?? Robert Pires??

Yeah what a shit player he was.is. :?

Anyway, on a serious note, Villa never do anything positively unexpected/spontaneous, rabbits out of hats etc! Wer're just so predictable and boring sometimes it pains me!!! Not necessarily pointing to Pires, but there are certain deals that could be had which would add an old experienced head to our squad, on frees or dirt cheap, even if they may only make the odd appearance, these types of players are the ones who change games with a late Cameo, or teach the young ones a great deal in every aspect of football! (Once again not really talking about Pires specifically)

Oh come on now were scraping the barrell a little dont ya think?? Robert Pires??

Yeah what a shit player he was.is. :?

Anyway, on a serious note, Villa never do anything positively unexpected/spontaneous, rabbits out of hats etc! Wer're just so predictable and boring sometimes it pains me!!! Not necessarily pointing to Pires, but there are certain deals that could be had which would add an old experienced head to our squad, on frees or dirt cheap, even if they may only make the odd appearance, these types of players are the ones who change games with a late Cameo, or teach the young ones a great deal in every aspect of football! (Once again not really talking about Pires specifically)

Huh, you want to sign Cameo? Oh I get it. Word up!

cameo_wordup_101b1.jpg

I love it on here.

'He's a great player'

'Yeh, but he'd want big wages'

'Yeh, I suppose, leave him them'

I dont think some people have realised that in order to get better we have to sign better players. better players want higher wages. Simples.

Clicked yet?

Yes and we can't afford the squad we currently have, never mind higher wages.

Jozy Altidore, who scored one goal in 28 games for Hull?

Jesus Christ.

Was Heskey setting the world on fire?

MON still signed him.

And is that supposed to be a good thing ?

Judging anyone on World Cup is ridiculous.

Wasn't Savo top scorer at one not long ago , how about Paulo Rossi , Schilaci etc......

Put it this way , on watching the World Cup so far - we need a forward , one looked superb , strong, kept the ball, set up a goal, held the ball up...... - I think his name was Emilio Escha I think. We shoudl look at signing him !

The last time I was surprised by a Villa signing was Red Nose Schmicael

even ssn were gobsmacked by that one i remember it vividly

What about Didi Agathe and Gabor Kiraly.

Was more stunned myself when we signed Bouma as he was a regular Dutch international at the time

how about Paulo Rossi

Bloody hell Paul, Paulo Rossi was one of the great players of all time. Apart from some accusations of match fixing and a three year sabbatical. :D

Rossi played in the Juventus side that beat us in 1983 at Villa Park.