Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

????

What makes me think Kuyt would come to Villa - is that a serious question ?

Players will go where-ever and who ever wants them as long as they get what they want in their wage packet !.

Ask a certain No.6 we used to have !.

No one is saying these players would come, but if you don't try.

I'm pretty bloody sure I know the reaction on here last week if someone had suggested Robert Pires might have been interested in Leicester !

I would rather take a chance on ryan babel, right price and he has more to his game than Kuyt, although his attitude or percieved attitude maybe a problem.

Babel? Christ no. I'll take Kuyt every single time. Babel has precious little to his game.

I would rather take a chance on ryan babel, right price and he has more to his game than Kuyt, although his attitude or percieved attitude maybe a problem.

Babel? Christ no. I'll take Kuyt every single time. Babel has precious little to his game.

I would agree with "Babel has shown precious little to his game" Perhaps this world cup will be his opportunity to show what he has, I have seen him in his early days and he definelty, IMO, has plenty to show.

Guess its all opinions at the end of the day, he does however have plenty to prove. Either way kuyts a no go and its the Babels of this world that may be attracted to Villa.

As I said with both, I think the problem with Babel and Kuyt was benitez rather than themselves.

They have been stifled. I think Kuyt is a better player, but it wouldn't surprise me if both left and they both went on to perform for their new club.

Agree about Babel but what do you think Kuyt has to his game except for an astonishing work rate.

Kuyt scores goals, creates goals, as you say gets through an enormous shift and is a quality footballer with a good brain. As with Park Ji-Sung, I find very little to dislike about Dirk Kuyt. I even find his quasimodo face amusing.

Here's another one, but I have no name and didn't hear it myself!

A wolves fan I work with, watched (I think) the Slovakia/New Zealand the other day, and said that the commentator had mentioned that a Slovakian player had "signed a pre-contract agreement" with Villa - according to his agent, but it hasn't been publicly announced yet.... However, haven't actually found any mention of this anywhere so I'm thinking she may have got us mixed with Villareal perhaps....

I was watching that game, the commentator said that Villa and Birmingham were watching one of the players closely but I don't know who he was talking about.

I love it on here.

'He's a great player'

'Yeh, but he'd want big wages'

'Yeh, I suppose, leave him them'

I dont think some people have realised that in order to get better we have to sign better players. better players want higher wages. Simples.

Clicked yet?

:?

Well, if a player is 35, plays abit part and wants £80,000 a week for example. That is high wages for his ability. I don't think many people are against top quality signings for high wages if they are worth it and the wages aren't ridicolous i.e Villa can't afford £100k if we're honest.

I love it on here.

'He's a great player'

'Yeh, but he'd want big wages'

'Yeh, I suppose, leave him them'

I dont think some people have realised that in order to get better we have to sign better players. better players want higher wages. Simples.

Clicked yet?

:?

Well, if a player is 35, plays abit part and wants £80,000 a week for example. That is high wages for his ability. I don't think many people are against top quality signings for high wages if they are worth it and the wages aren't ridicolous i.e Villa can't afford £100k if we're honest.

Yep and he is actually 36, 37 in October.

In terms of overpaid has beens, this would make the signing of ginola look like good business.

Kim Kallstrom on a free ?

Apparently his contract is up at Lyon at the end of the month.

Good Player.

Edit - just looked and its widely reported his contract is up this summer but other sites showing 2012. Hmmm....

Kim Kallstrom on a free ?

Apparently his contract is up at Lyon at the end of the month.

Good Player.

Edit - just looked and its widely reported his contract is up this summer but other sites showing 2012. Hmmm....

Never heard anything about this before.

Never got why Kuyt isn't liked. I have always felt he was a threat

Me either. It can only be the lack of goals, but then his return for playing on the 'wing' is excellent.

He's not a great player by any stretch, he's a little bit one dimensional with the ball at his feet. But he's quick enough and strong enough to make up for it and he's half decent in the air as well as being an amicable finisher.

Rooney/Tevez esq energy levels too, a rarity in top level strikers. Makes him stand out.

Would be a bargain at anything under £8m, might even stretch to £10m.

Good shout whoever said it first.

Oh come on now were scraping the barrell a little dont ya think?? Robert Pires??

Yeah what a shit player he was.is. :?

Anyway, on a serious note, Villa never do anything positively unexpected/spontaneous, rabbits out of hats etc! Wer're just so predictable and boring sometimes it pains me!!! Not necessarily pointing to Pires, but there are certain deals that could be had which would add an old experienced head to our squad, on frees or dirt cheap, even if they may only make the odd appearance, these types of players are the ones who change games with a late Cameo, or teach the young ones a great deal in every aspect of football! (Once again not really talking about Pires specifically)

Of course he was a good player you tart im just saying that he is well and truly past his best and we shouldnt touch him with a barge pole!

Oh, and I would love Pires to fill the 'Berger' role for us next season. Absolutely marvelous player who doesn't need to run to change a game with a single pass, a single shot. If his brain is still there and his legs still work and his feet still do what his brain tells them to then he could be 40 years old for all I care, I'd still want him on our bench.

He'll probably finish out his career in some Arabian backwater league collecting mega bucks though, so forget I ever said anything.