• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh just leave it AVFC.

Listen - dont listen to to me.

Go on any website you like.

Skysports , Evertons, BBC, ITV, Wikipedia

Have a look at his figures.

Whether you agree or not THEY ARE THE FIGURES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So just drop it !

In fact here you go (a complete cut and paste, I didnt do it like this originally as , as you will see, it looks confusing, but here it is for you to enjoy)

2002–03 Portsmouth First Division 14 7 - - - 14 7

2003–04 Premier League 36 16 4 1 2 2 - 42 19

2004–05 30 13 2 2 3 2 - 35 17

2005–06 Middlesbrough Premier League 34 13 7 4 2 0 13 2 56 19

2006–07 37 12 8 4 - - 45 16

2007–08 Everton Premier League 31 15 1 0 3 3 6 3 41 21

2008–09 14 4 0 0 1 0 2 1 17 5

2009–10 21 5 0 0 2 1 8 0 29 6

Total England 219 85 22 11 13 8 29 6 277 108

Career Total 213 82 22 11 13 8 29 6 277 108

Whats career total??? as its less than england total??? :?

Eitherway hes an injury prone player whos not that good.

219 appearances in England by the age of 27

Very injury prone.

He has just come back from a serious injury - that is different.

Of is Fabian Delph, Stewart Downing or even Wayne Rooney injury prone as well

Well whats the 213 then?

Hes barley completed a season since being at Everton

He's played 35 games out of a possible 76.

Downing, Rooney, Delph missed months, not basically 18 months through injury. If he's come back from injury fine, why are Everton looking to sell and he hasn't been able to get into the team if he is the same player. If he's good enough for Villa, then i'm pretty sure he'd be good enough for Everton.

I dont know - you ask them ?

Maybe for the same reason Spurs sold Bent - maybe he wasn't good enough to score :D

maybe the same reason Spurs want to sell Keane - there could be a million and one reasons - teams sell players !

Just remember - Ruud Van Nistlerooy was out for over a year before he joined Man Utd !

Having a bad injury is not the same as being injury prone.

Bad injuries - Shearer / RVN , Downing / Delph / yakubu etc...

Injury Prone - Laursen / Owen / Anderton etc......

And he played 21 games this year (mostly as sub I grant you) so he has played ! and even though these were subs, he still scored more than Heskey !

Yakubu is a goalscorer and a) we need one , B) there aren't many about

If you want to buy players like Rodellaga and Doyle , who have had one (quite average) season.

Fair enough, but dont start moaning when we fall short again !

Lots of Handbags flying about I gotta say.

Personally, I wouldn't take Yakubu. He may have an impressive goalscoring record (most of which are for Middlesborough, being the focal point of the team) since moving to Everton he's had one good season (07-08) scoring 21 goals in 41 appearances. Admittedly 1 goal in 2 games or 0.5 goals a game is a good record but just don't see it being a worthwhile investment for a 27 year old coming on 28.

Heskey doesn't work in our system effectively and at times is absent from the games so why buy the same mould every time- need a different type of striker. A Poacher.

Rodallega is a gamble, and for a lot of money- personally, I don't think it's worth it.

Robbie Keane would be my preference his record speaks for itself (exception of Liverpool), he might be getting old but for 7/8 mil would be a good stepping stone and that DIFFERENT type of striker we need.

My call would be Keane from the links, but none of us are the manager and as you know we do get the odd surprise (like Collins and Dunne) that might happen. In dream land I would have Darren Bent in a heartbeat in our first XI.

In dream land I would have Darren Bent in a heartbeat in our first XI.

Ive been saying this since he was at Charlton.

Hes either done something to upset MoN or MoN doesnt know a goalscorer when he sees one. Either way hes dropped a bollock.

In dream land I would have Darren Bent in a heartbeat in our first XI.

Ive been saying this since he was at Charlton.

Hes either done something to upset MoN or MoN doesnt know a goalscorer when he sees one. Either way hes dropped a bollock.

He rates Agbonlahor just as good and believes Delfouneso can be just as good is my bet.

Bent and Agbonlahor or Delfouneso wouldn't play together. I think the thought process is basically, we have Agbonlahor, who is a very good striker, we need someone alongside him first, not someone who will effectively replace him.

I'd take Yakubu over Kevin Doyle I would rather go with a good prem track record over one ok season.