Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

how about Paulo Rossi

Bloody hell Paul, Paulo Rossi was one of the great players of all time. Apart from some accusations of match fixing and a three year sabbatical. :D

Rossi played in the Juventus side that beat us in 1983 at Villa Park.

Never knew that, you are right, you just never heard of him after that world cup , however, euro football was not covered half as much then, and as his later years co-incided with the ban of English teams, I suppose Euro football never got the attention.

Schilachi though , and Roger Miller , Savo etc... just show that an average player can look a world beater over a 4 week period.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm feeling really bored, so here's a list of as of yet unmentioned/unlinked attainable(ish) players I wouldn't mind seeing here next season...

Marcell Jansen

Gustavo Colman

Gökhan Inler

Vedad Ibišević

Here is one for discussion - I would be 70-30 in favour , but I'll give the reasons.

Liverpool in financial dire, quite a few going to be available.

How about Kuyt ?

Everytime I have seen him actually played in the middle - he has scored !. Problem for him is Benitez always stuck him anywhere but the middle. When Torres got injured, he was played up and scored very regular and put Liverpool back in the top 4. Torres come back, Kuyt was back on the wing, and they collapsed.

I think he will be cheap(ish) - 6-7m probably and I just think given the chance could do it. That Dutch goal the other day summed him up, a tap in from 1 yard , but he reacted far quicker than the defender who had about 2 yards on him to get there.

Worth a thought.

Also, for exactly the same reason is Babel - although not quite sure he is a natural goalscorer

By the way. I haven't a clue how old either of them are.

I like Kuyt.

Ditto - always thought he comes across as a decent bloke and I'd like to see him in a Villa shirt. Sure lots would disagree but I think he'd offer a bit more energy through the middle.

kuyt is 29 (30 in july) I like him and I thought his first season with liverplop was good too.

46 goals in 141 games for the plop too but they dont play him in his natural position of striker they stick him on the wing

Thats a better return than i thought. even better when you consider (as you said) he has spent alot of his liverpool career on the wing.

I woud not be suprised however to see kuyt following rafa to italy.

Never got why Kuyt isn't liked. I have always felt he was a threat

A perceived lack of goals?

What makes you think Kuyt would want to come to Villa? Hardly a step up (even if we have finished slightly above them in, lets face it, a freakishly poor season for them) as they are in europa league too.

That fee of 6-7m is laughable too. Double it and maybe you're close. Oh, and we probably wouldn't match his wages.

Here's another one, but I have no name and didn't hear it myself!

A wolves fan I work with, watched (I think) the Slovakia/New Zealand the other day, and said that the commentator had mentioned that a Slovakian player had "signed a pre-contract agreement" with Villa - according to his agent, but it hasn't been publicly announced yet.... However, haven't actually found any mention of this anywhere so I'm thinking she may have got us mixed with Villareal perhaps....

A wolves fan I work with, watched (I think) the Slovakia/New Zealand the other day, and said that the commentator had mentioned that a Slovakian player had "signed a pre-contract agreement" with Villa - according to his agent, but it hasn't been publicly announced yet.... However, haven't actually found any mention of this anywhere so I'm thinking she may have got us mixed with Villareal perhaps....

Their keeper has signed a pre contract at Everton

Their keeper has signed a pre contract at Everton

Ahh, that makes sense, there's a staunch Everton fan at work she works with quite alot so may have got a wee bit confused!