Jez

Why is Julio Cesar on the brink of moving to QPR? Wasn't he supposed to be one the best goalkeepers in the world?

Poor Robert Green though, another club with a classless manager who forks out money when a star is available

Why is Julio Cesar on the brink of moving to QPR?

Loftus Road is barely a mile from Kensington High Street. It's a lovely part of the world to live in if you have a few million quid in the bank.

I don't like Mark Hughes. I honestly think he doesn't have a clue what he's doing there, another club with too much money and Hughes is like a kid in a sweet shop. For all his signings they'll still be battling to stay in the league. He'll be gone within the year.

Arsenal fan I know is furious this morning.

Every summer they lose their key players. Hleb and Flamini, then Fabregas and Nasri, now van Persie, Song and Walcott. All leaving to pursue trophies and honours*, where the irony is that if they still had all those players they'd probably be in with a very good chance. However with so little re-investment the players that break through to replace those that left will find themselves doing exactly the same thing as soon as they hit the limelight.

*and maybe a large element of £££ in some cases.

The whole reason Sinclair left Chelsea was so he could play. He even stepped down a whole league to do so. He could have easily warmed their bench and won some trophies if he was that kind of player, which is what makes this whole situation so perplexing.

Good point. Well, good is what I say.

Maybe if they weren't paying Adebayor 100k a week, Wayne Bridge 90k and Santa Cruz 100k a week or whatever they are on they'd be able to afford the actual quality they need.

I was wondering, what is Walcott holding out for from Arsenal? He has turned down a £75,000 p/w week 5 year deal which seems very generous to me.

Is it anther case of Man City f**king up the leagues wages by offering him double to sit on their bench?

He knows he is in a strong bargaining position if he believes City are interested in him. Do Arsenal really want to lose another player? Will they be prepared to put up with the wrath of the fans if that happens? TV money goes up by 71% next season, I would imagine that Theo is looking of a pay rise which reflects that.

I'd do what AW appears be doing, give him a deadline and if he doesn't take, what to me seems a really good offer considering the minimal impact he has had so far, then he'll be sold on deadline day.

If City are interested (not sure why they would be) then they can buy him on Friday. Hopefully Arsenal have a potential replacement lined up. They certainly have plenty of cash on the hip at the moment.

£3.9m a year x 5 years seems a fantastic deal if I was TW.

Why is Julio Cesar on the brink of moving to QPR?

££££££££££ 8) QPR´s wage bill, ouch....

The Swiss Ramble/Football Weekly reckon their wage to turnover ratio is about 180%.

So QPR sign Rob Green, but he only agrees to go there if he is given the number 1 spot. So Hughes gives him the number 1 spot and then about 3 weeks later they sign the goalkeeper from Internazionale who I am pretty sure will be number 1. Rob Green must be screwing. Maybe it was the performance against Swansea where he was at fault for 3 of the 5 goals that caused this buy.

I don't like Mark Hughes. I honestly think he doesn't have a clue what he's doing there, another club with too much money and Hughes is like a kid in a sweet shop. For all his signings they'll still be battling to stay in the league. He'll be gone within the year.

look at "mess" at City Santa Cruz and Bridge etc. though he did snag Kompany so can get lucky at times

Hughes also signed Dembele for Fulham and Samba for Blackburn.... so he does have a good eye for talent. Just seems to also enjoy spunking loads of money on average players too.

QPR now trying to sign a Real Madrid player, WTF... their wage bill must be insane.