Jez

Helluva wage drop all the same. City's fault in my eyes.

Can't blame city, they weren't the first and I'm sure won't be the last, utd have done it for yrs(remember why the brought dion etc) Chelsea did it, Liverpool hell even we have in some way to attempt success....

Difference for me though is that Man UTD pay their top players top wages. Where as Man City have players like Wayne Bridge on 90k a week. What they did was completely different to what Man UTD have done IMO. Santa Cruz is probably on about 100k a week. Man UTD wouldn't do that.

That's bollocks though.

eXkOvl.jpg

Manchester United have done more to drive up wages in this country than any other club. They just get a free pass because they have been doing it for twenty years.

Adebayor was wrong. It wasn't that he wouldn't take a pay cut. If that was the case then it'd be fine; it'd be different. But he said over and over last season while on loan at Spurs that he would be more than happy to take a pay cut in order to continue playing football and because he liked it at Spurs. He then went back on that. That's what I have a problem with. In front of the cameras he said one thing. He was a liar basically. If he hadn't mentioned being willing to take a pay cut then I wouldn't have minded, in the sense that he'd have just been one more greedy bastard instead of a lying greedy bastard.

But United chased Berbatov for ages and signed him in the hope he would be a top player for them.

City have just stockpiled players left right and centre and they will never leave because of the ridiculous wage they're on.

The prem from 7th downwards will just get weaker and weaker because the top players will play for the top team and then the players one rung below that will sit on City's bench.

But that is because the base City had to build from. People always conveniently seem to forget that. Immediately before the Arabs came in at City they were a bottom half of the Premier League club. Five years before that they were playing in the second and third tier of English football. Then the money came in but even though City could now afford to sign world class talent didnt mean they could attract it. They had to build a base, and they had to build it quickly to ultimately reach the place where they wanted to be (ie, where they are now) so to do that they bought a lot of very good players at over inflated prices and threw in a couple of big names (Robhino, Viera) to increase their profile globally.

Chelsea did exactly the same thing when Abramovich first came in. They spunked money on players like Wayne Bridge, Damien Duff, Geremi & Scott Parker which allowed them to build a base from which they could attract the class of player they have now. People said the same thing back then as they are saying about City today. People also forgot about the mediocrity Chelsea spent small fortunes on as soon as those contracts expired and those players left the club. The same thing will happen at City in two or three seasons time when the first wave of Abu Dhabi funded players leave and in five years when Bill Gates decides he would rather spend billions of dollars on winning the Champions League with Aston Villa instead of on fighting disease and famine in sub Saharan Africa people will say the same about us. ;)

Adebayor was wrong. It wasn't that he wouldn't take a pay cut. If that was the case then it'd be fine; it'd be different. But he said over and over last season while on loan at Spurs that he would be more than happy to take a pay cut in order to continue playing football and because he liked it at Spurs. He then went back on that. That's what I have a problem with. In front of the cameras he said one thing. He was a liar basically. If he hadn't mentioned being willing to take a pay cut then I wouldn't have minded, in the sense that he'd have just been one more greedy bastard instead of a lying greedy bastard.

Did he?

Yes. I watched interviews on Sky Sports News. He talked explicitly about taking a wage cut because he knew that would be the stumbling block in the deal. He went on about it being more important that he be playing regularly and enjoying his football. All waffle.

Adebayor sends a large part of his wages back to Togo, to Build Infrastructure, football academies etc.. So I can see why he would want to keep that going..

Absolutely. It would be interesting to know how much; not that we've any right to know; but still it would be interesting to know if this was actually the sticking point.

Adebayor sends a large part of his wages back to Togo, to Build Infrastructure, football academies etc.. So I can see why he would want to keep that going..

Absolutely. It would be interesting to know how much; not that we've any right to know; but still it would be interesting to know if this was actually the sticking point.

Yeah, Drogba does this as well.. Sends money back to the cote d'ivoire, help build the community..

But that is because the base City had to build from. People always conveniently seem to forget that. Immediately before the Arabs came in at City they were a bottom half of the Premier League club. Five years before that they were playing in the second and third tier of English football. Then the money came in but even though City could now afford to sign world class talent didnt mean they could attract it. They had to build a base, and they had to build it quickly to ultimately reach the place where they wanted to be (ie, where they are now) so to do that they bought a lot of very good players at over inflated prices and threw in a couple of big names (Robhino, Viera) to increase their profile globally.

Chelsea did exactly the same thing when Abramovich first came in. They spunked money on players like Wayne Bridge, Damien Duff, Geremi & Scott Parker which allowed them to build a base from which they could attract the class of player they have now. People said the same thing back then as they are saying about City today. People also forgot about the mediocrity Chelsea spent small fortunes on as soon as those contracts expired and those players left the club. The same thing will happen at City in two or three seasons time when the first wave of Abu Dhabi funded players leave and in five years when Bill Gates decides he would rather spend billions of dollars on winning the Champions League with Aston Villa instead of on fighting disease and famine in sub Saharan Africa people will say the same about us. ;)

Completely agree with this...

As you mentioned before UTD did it for yrs, but they were always in a stronger position to begin with therefore they didnt need to build that reputation for the global market.

Yes. I watched interviews on Sky Sports News. He talked explicitly about taking a wage cut because he knew that would be the stumbling block in the deal. He went on about it being more important that he be playing regularly and enjoying his football. All waffle.

It wasn't Adebayor. Go through his news archive on Skysports, you find the interview. You are having a go at the guy, based on mistaken identity. It was probably someone else and for some reason you've got it confused with an Ade interview or even you misunderstood him as he's accent is difficult. But either way, you are being unfair on him, as he didn't say what you think. If he'd done an interview like that it would have been a big deal on Spurs forums and news sites.

The only interview in which he mentioned wages, was the one in which he said he plays for money and that he pays for the community work he does in Africa with it, without the need for fundraising.

Sky Sports understands Queens Park Rangers have opened talks over a possible swoop for Inter Milan goalkeeper Julio Cesar.

It's only taken them 1 game to work out Robert Green is shit.

It wasn't Adebayor. Go through his news archive on Skysports, you find the interview. You are having a go at the guy, based on mistaken identity. It was probably someone else and for some reason you've got it confused with an Ade interview or even you misunderstood him as he's accent is difficult. But either way, you are being unfair on him, as he didn't say what you think. If he'd done an interview like that it would have been a big deal on Spurs forums and news sites.

The only interview in which he mentioned wages, was the one in which he said he plays for money and that he pays for the community work he does in Africa with it, without the need for fundraising.

No no, I have a photographic memory. Below is definitely how I remember it.

photographicmemory.png

Yeah, Drogba does this as well.. Sends money back to the cote d'ivoire, help build the community..

Why the hell doesn't Beckham send money back here to help develop our shanty towns?