Jez

It's actually 5.5m

Sky Sports News ‏@SkySportsNews

BREAKING NEWS: Sky Sources - QPR make bid in region of £5.5m for Tottenham defender Michael Dawson #SSN

I feel so much better about our prospects now we've signed Ade. It's only one player, but he's so vital for us and I was feeling so pessimistic about the season, as we've been in a similar situation before and ended up bringing in Fraizer Campbell on loan.

I feel so much better about our prospects now we've signed Ade. It's only one player, but he's so vital for us and I was feeling so pessimistic about the season, as we've been in a similar situation before and ended up bringing in Fraizer Campbell on loan.

I would say your chances of top 4 have been given a HUGE boost now.. Adebyaor was such an important player for you last season. Wish our owner would pull his finger out!!

I think it's a decent deal for both sides. Dawson has been an great player for us, but he's 28 and we've now got Vertonghen and Caulker. At a club like QPR he'll top several of the defensive stats at the end of the season. He's in the top 10 for blocks, clearances and aerial challenges, whilst playing for us and we do a lot less defending than QPR. At the end of the day QPR look as if they are going to be playing with their backs to the wall for much of the season, so they couldn't realistically sign a better defender. It's not as if they are going to bossing games and defending on the half way line.

How come Gallas was still captain at the weekend, thought he was moving on for his next big day pay aswell?

I don't think he was ever going to leave, it was more media speculation. When he joined he said his family really wanted to stay in London. That's unlikely to have changed and he still has a year left on his deal. I wouldn't be surprised to see him extend for another year at the end of the season. He's still fast so his age isn't a problem.

Interesting, I think he's a real weak link in the Spurs defence particularly against the high ball.

Can't see him being first choice this season anyway as I imagine Caulker will be starting before too long.

We hope Caulker is the future but Gallas is currently probably way ahead of him. The idea is for Caulker to reach Gallas's level. Spurs fans would never see Gallas as a weak link, which given how hated he was and how unpopular a signing he was, says a lot. Our only weak link was Bassong and he's gone. Other than that our issue has always been injuries preventing us having a consistent pairing at CB.

To be honest Caulker is rated by most spurs fans, despite them seeing very little of him. It's one of those typical message board things, when an entire fan base becomes convinced of something, without much to substantiate it. Most Spurs fans will claim to have seen enough of Caulker, but it's bullshit. I'd be very surprised if more than 1% of Spurs fans have seen him play more than 5 times and those would have been mainly at the Olympics, where whilst not doing anything wrong, he certainly didn't look like a superstar in the making either. When i caught the odd Swansea game, it was similar.