Jez

Caulker looks alright to me, certainly will reach Dawson's level.

Adebayor for £5mil seems like a good transfer fee (although I understand his wages are high).

Good signing. You still need another couple of strikers though.

What I don't get it that when MON was managing us, he could have picked up Fletcher from Burnley for about 5m, when we needed a striker. There were a few of us saying to sign him then... but obviously MON didn't fancy it. He's not exactly developed hugely as a player since Burnley so why pay 14m for him now?

The Adebayor transfer demonstrates all what is wrong with modern football. Greedy mercenary footballer on alleged £175k PER WEEK at Citeh and refusing to take a pay a cut to a paltry £80k per week to join Spurs until Citeh make up the difference.

I sincerely hope football bankrupts itself and has to start again.

The Adebayor transfer demonstrates all what is wrong with modern football. Greedy mercenary footballer on alleged £175k PER WEEK at Citeh and refusing to take a pay a cut to a paltry £80k per week to join Spurs until Citeh make up the difference.

I sincerely hope football bankrupts itself and has to start again.

I don't blame Adebayor at all, I blame Man City completely. Paying average players stupid wages was always going to be a problem at some point, it's only now they are seeing the effects of it....

Oh yeah Man City are to blame as well.. the whole situation is messed up. If City hadn't subsidised the wage, I imagine he would never sign for Spurs despite being offered £80k per week. He'd rather sit a home for 2 years earning £175k per week (which he's entitled to do) but in my eyes makes him a mercenary.

Ah.. dunno why it makes me angry, it just does! :lol:

Oh yeah Man City are to blame as well.. the whole situation is messed up. If City hadn't subsidised the wage, I imagine he would never sign for Spurs despite being offered £80k per week. He'd rather sit a home for 2 years earning £175k per week (which he's entitled to do) but in my eyes makes him a mercenary.

Ah.. dunno why it makes me angry, it just does! :lol:

Yeah I can see what you're saying. To me and you 80k a week is still absolutely crazy and unimaginable, but footballers are also human and anyone who is asked to give up 100k a week is not going to be happy about it. Specially if you are still under contract. At the end of the day football to footballers is just work. If I could sit on my arse and get paid 175k a week I wouldn't be too fussed by not playing. Think i'd rather that then to play for Spurs :D

well Adebayor gives a large portion of his salary to a charity and this was reason he didnt want to take a paycut. I think Drogba is the same

He's not.giving 90k a week away though...

Helluva wage drop all the same. City's fault in my eyes.

Can't blame city, they weren't the first and I'm sure won't be the last, utd have done it for yrs(remember why the brought dion etc) Chelsea did it, Liverpool hell even we have in some way to attempt success....

Helluva wage drop all the same. City's fault in my eyes.

Can't blame city, they weren't the first and I'm sure won't be the last, utd have done it for yrs(remember why the brought dion etc) Chelsea did it, Liverpool hell even we have in some way to attempt success....

Difference for me though is that Man UTD pay their top players top wages. Where as Man City have players like Wayne Bridge on 90k a week. What they did was completely different to what Man UTD have done IMO. Santa Cruz is probably on about 100k a week. Man UTD wouldn't do that.