Jez

But if they get into Europe will they not be denied entry or is all that FFS nonsense? How would citeh ever get round it, surely they're not dumb enough to be fooled by sponsoring their own stadium?

I still think Andy Carroll is a very good player. It's not really his fault that Liverpool decided to make him the eighth most expensive transfer of all time but I see no reason why he wont become a top quality Premier League striker or why he cant have a lengthy international career. He is a brilliant signing for West Ham. Berbatov for £5m is the deal of the day though, fantastic business by Fulham.

Carroll is a good player, I just find it a shame that he'll be playing for Big Sam. He's so much better than the battering ram Allardyce will make him into.

You have to wonder what Fulham will be paying Berbatov. Coming from Man United, he won't be cheap and you can't imagine he'll have been desperate to leave. Could be a masterstroke by Jol though, especially if they can shift Dempsey for more than £5m.

Oh, he will be earning a packet but the fee is so low that the total cost of the transfer will be in Fulham's budget. He was pulling £5m a year at United, so even if he gets that at Fulham the deal will still be less than I expected any fee for him to be. Dunno what the length of the contract is at Fulham, and while Berbatov will have minimal resale value at the end of it he should be as good a player in three years as he is today because his game is all about technique rather than pace. I'm surprised he didnt end up at a Champions League club but It seems he is big mates with Jol from their time together at Spurs or something.

I'd rather we were able to call Carroll off the bench whenever we needed him. No use to us at West Ham.

You all needed his wages freed up for new signings. If those deadline day purchases work out, it will have been a good bit of business.