Jez

United weren't a mile off last year so it wouldn't take much to swing it

seems to be a misconception by lots of fans (mainly liverpool) that they were and that they are now weaker this season. add Vidic, Cleverley, RVP, Kagawa and a more adapted De Gea can only help them

It is a huge worry. The clubs that go down this year could never be a proper Premiership club again. You can do alot with 300m. Invest your initial 300m for stay up again and then you'll be making hundreds of millions each year. For that sort of money there are plenty of Championship clubs who could put themselves right about us. For **** sake, Birmingham could come up and get 300m (or more!) straight away. It's a completely **** up situation that will see gigantic rewards for basically being in the right place at the right time. The team to come up this year will get hundreds of millions, the team that goes down will get almost nothing but a few parachute payments.

No one's getting £300m a year. The £4bn deal is over a number of years, so it'll equate to about an extra £20m per team per season in the Premier League I believe.

And £300m x 20 would be £6bn anyway :twisted:

Last year El Hadji Diouf taunted a rival as he lay on the pitch with a broken leg, prompting then QPR manager Neil Warnock to call the Senegal forward a "sewer rat".

This week, he signed Diouf for Leeds.

i could quite easily see Kagawa and Rooney playing off RVP. Just hope Kagawa gets the playing time he deserves. Would sad to see him end up like Sahin.

Surely Welbeck and Hernandez will be benchwarmers now - a pity considering how hard they've worked and how well they've performed.

NW said he met him a few weeks back at some social thing and spent an hour telling him what he didn't like about him, then they talked football for a few hours. Says he's well aware he's in for some stick over the signing. Fair play, say all you want but he's up front and I like that :)

Last year El Hadji Diouf taunted a rival as he lay on the pitch with a broken leg, prompting then QPR manager Neil Warnock to call the Senegal forward a "sewer rat".

This week, he signed Diouf for Leeds.

Perfect team for both of them.

Dirty Leeds

Dirty Warnock

Dirty twuntface Diouf

The Leeds of the 70s were a legendarily filthy rough side and Leeds have more than their fair share of shall we say troublesome supporters, so it's probably a little from column A and a little from column B.

So Dempseys refused to play for Fulham this weekend because of a potential move to Liverpool.

Liverpool Echo then put this article out

Clint Dempsey fined for refusing to play for Fulham but Liverpool FC not interested in signing him

Aug 17 2012Comments (5) Recommend (5)

inShare

5Share on emailShare on print

Fulham have fined forward Clint Dempsey for refusing to play for the club - but the ECHO understands Liverpool FC have no interest in signing the player.

Green Flag Breakdown Cover from £20

Cottagers manager Martin Jol today revealed that Dempsey would not be included in the club’s squad for tomorrow’s Barclays Premier League opener against Norwich.

The American, who scored 23 goals for his club last year, has refused to play for the west London side as he seeks to secure a move to Anfield, and Fulham have fined him for taking that stance.

This afternoon, an angry Martin Jol claimed Liverpool have "embarrassed" Fulham over their failure to follow up an inquiry for Clint Dempsey.

The Whites boss confirmed that star forward Dempsey has told him that he wants to leave Craven Cottage for Liverpool.

Reds manager Brendan Rodgers admitted last month that he had made an inquiry about the 29-year-old, but the Ulsterman has never lodged a bid for Dempsey, which has left Jol fuming.

"That was very disappointing," Jol told a press conference.

"Clint told everyone he was going to Liverpool before he came back so we really thought there was quite a firm interest in him.

"Even (Rodgers) told everyone he was interested in Clint Dempsey, but our people never had an offer. It’s almost embarrassing.

"If you have shown interest in a player, you have to follow it up with an offer."

Despite losing Andy Johnson and Bobby Zamora to QPR over the last six months, Jol is now resigned to losing another one of his goal scorers in Dempsey.

The United States international, who scored 23 goals in all competitions last season, has been training away from the rest of the Fulham squad after missing the club’s pre-season training camp, and will not play in tomorrow’s Barclays Premier League season-opener against Norwich at Craven Cottage.

Jol insists the American will not leave unless a decent offer comes in for him.

Next

Green Flag Breakdown Cover from £20

Read More http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2012/08/17/clint-dempsey-fined-for-refusing-to-play-for-fulham-but-liverpool-fc-not-interested-in-signing-him-100252-31646558/#ixzz23pA0TqcO

Suspect it's all abit of posturing by LFC.

What, this cant be right...Liverpool trying to unsettle someone elses player!

Didnt these guys used to do things morally, spirit of Shankly and all that horse shite?

I suppose its easy to do from a position of power, welcome down here with the rest of the filth Scousers!

Its not quite that though is it. They enquired about Dempseys availability with the club, a perfectly normal nd legitimate thing to do. They then didn't follow that original enquiry up with an offer, for whatever reason, they are within their rights to do that as well. I'm fairly sure that sort of thing happens every day in every transfer window. Jol has no right to be upset, he's trying to deflect away from his actual problem and that is Dempsey wants to leave that badly that he's refusing to play, the Liverpool element of that is rather marginal. There have probably been numerous other enquiries from other clubs too, they don't appear to have followed up their original enquiries either

Its not quite that though is it. They enquired about Dempseys availability with the club, a perfectly normal nd legitimate thing to do. They then didn't follow that original enquiry up with an offer, for whatever reason, they are within their rights to do that as well. I'm fairly sure that sort of thing happens every day in every transfer window. Jol has no right to be upset, he's trying to deflect away from his actual problem and that is Dempsey wants to leave that badly that he's refusing to play, the Liverpool element of that is rather marginal. There have probably been numerous other enquiries from other clubs too, they don't appear to have followed up their original enquiries either

I think you are forgetting that they announced it on the Fenway Sports website. This isn't a perfectly normal and legitimate thing to do. So the Liverpool part isn't marginal at all. Jol has every right to be upset with Liverpool.

10 facts about Oussama Assaidi

9. His FIFA 2012 profile gives him 91/100 for acceleration, 90/100 for agility and 86/100 dribbling. The area he needs to work on - if the football console is to be believed - is slide tackling, at which they rate him 24/100.

http://tinyurl.com/9zcldam < Liverpool official site :lol:

I heard rumours and gossip ages ago that Song was off to Spain or Manchester. I heard he wasnt happy at Arsenal. But I thought it was all bu**sh**.

I guess a small amount of the gossip and rumours you hear do turn out to be true.