Jez

Its not quite that though is it. They enquired about Dempseys availability with the club, a perfectly normal nd legitimate thing to do. They then didn't follow that original enquiry up with an offer, for whatever reason, they are within their rights to do that as well. I'm fairly sure that sort of thing happens every day in every transfer window. Jol has no right to be upset, he's trying to deflect away from his actual problem and that is Dempsey wants to leave that badly that he's refusing to play, the Liverpool element of that is rather marginal. There have probably been numerous other enquiries from other clubs too, they don't appear to have followed up their original enquiries either

I think you are forgetting that they announced it on the Fenway Sports website. This isn't a perfectly normal and legitimate thing to do. So the Liverpool part isn't marginal at all. Jol has every right to be upset with Liverpool.

Ah Joey how do you feel about the lack of striking transfers at Spurs so far this summer? Must say I'm really surprised it's dragged into the start of the season...very MON esque.

If Adebayor wants 2m a week, **** him off and go after someone else.

I really don't see Spurs in the mix for top 4 at all this season. Top 8 but not challenging the top 4.

I see Venables had them down for 3rd, he must still be on a payroll at WHL. :|

Its not quite that though is it. They enquired about Dempseys availability with the club, a perfectly normal nd legitimate thing to do. They then didn't follow that original enquiry up with an offer, for whatever reason, they are within their rights to do that as well. I'm fairly sure that sort of thing happens every day in every transfer window. Jol has no right to be upset, he's trying to deflect away from his actual problem and that is Dempsey wants to leave that badly that he's refusing to play, the Liverpool element of that is rather marginal. There have probably been numerous other enquiries from other clubs too, they don't appear to have followed up their original enquiries either

I think you are forgetting that they announced it on the Fenway Sports website. This isn't a perfectly normal and legitimate thing to do. So the Liverpool part isn't marginal at all. Jol has every right to be upset with Liverpool.

Ah Joey how do you feel about the lack of striking transfers at Spurs so far this summer? Must say I'm really surprised it's dragged into the start of the season...very MON esque.

If Adebayor wants 2m a week, **** him off and go after someone else.

I really don't see Spurs in the mix for top 4 at all this season. Top 8 but not challenging the top 4.

I see Venables had them down for 3rd, he must still be on a payroll at WHL. :|

I wrote my general feelings here:

http://www.villatalk.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=73166&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30

I've got us down for about 8th. I haven't felt this pessimistic about a season since Juande Ramos was in charge. I can't believe what Levy has done. My biggest frustration is that the players I want are very realistic signings. I'll be really pissed off if we keep chasing the likes of Sahin, Moutinho and Leandro, and as a result miss out on other players that I'm sure we could sign right now.

The said website is completely independent of LFC. It is called NESN for "New England Sports Network" which covers the sports teams of the area of New England.

The company tht owns the wensite is owned by FSG but thats the only link. They have no say what gets put on there or control and it is runs completely independently from LFC and FSG.

They have started covering LFC in bits since FSG, the Red Sox owners bought us because of our links now to Boston and New England.

The reporters and writers on there are people who are not experienced or professional journalists with training etc. They previously had a LFC contributor on that website who was just a fan who managed to get chatty with Tom Werner but it turned out he was a racist with links to the BNP/EDL. When this came out they got rid of him obviously but it shows how unprofessionally the NESN (not FSG) website is ran that this could happen.

One contributor on there who isn't even paid genuinely thought we'd signed him because of tweets he'd read on Twitter and in his naivety believed them so included one line in presention on the US Tour at the very end that said something like "and new signing Clint Dempsey", nothing massive, the article and video wasn't even about Dempsey, that was tagged on at the end.

It was a genuine mistake from a rookie writer with no real or professional journalism training on a site which the LFC content is a new section and shoddily managed.

FSG or LFC don't deserve to be tarred and feathered for that it was completely out of their control.

It should also be pointed out that Arsenal have 'made an enquiry' a few times foir Dempsey and West ham actually made a bid, but no, it was all Liverpools fault alone.

The poster above is right in that Jol is using the Dempsey/LFC thing to deflect away from himself and the club. Dempsey has already intimated Jol is lying and only giving one side of the story and said the 'truth' will come out so I'll wait to hear that first.

Football clubs always make an enquiry first before bidding. That is normal procedure to find out if a) the player is even for sale, B) the ball park value of said player to see if it is affordable to the prospective club.

Liverpool didn't end up putting a bid in because Dempsey was 3/4th priority signing and after we bought the more important players, we have no money left to buy Dempsey. If we can sell Adam/Spearing/Carroll/Cole which we are trying to do, then this may change.

song to barca is more or less done, £15m

mirallas - everton

simao - espanyol

bosingwa - qpr

garrido - norwich

bisevic - lyon

ocampos - monaco (i seem to remember him being linked to all the big clubs)

badelj - hamburg

Is that Milan badelj of Croatia? How much he go for? Meant to be a very talented player

The said website is completely independent of LFC. It is called NESN for "New England Sports Network" which covers the sports teams of the area of New England.

The company tht owns the wensite is owned by FSG but thats the only link. They have no say what gets put on there or control and it is runs completely independently from LFC and FSG.

They have started covering LFC in bits since FSG, the Red Sox owners bought us because of our links now to Boston and New England.

The reporters and writers on there are people who are not experienced or professional journalists with training etc. They previously had a LFC contributor on that website who was just a fan who managed to get chatty with Tom Werner but it turned out he was a racist with links to the BNP/EDL. When this came out they got rid of him obviously but it shows how unprofessionally the NESN (not FSG) website is ran that this could happen.

One contributor on there who isn't even paid genuinely thought we'd signed him because of tweets he'd read on Twitter and in his naivety believed them so included one line in presention on the US Tour at the very end that said something like "and new signing Clint Dempsey", nothing massive, the article and video wasn't even about Dempsey, that was tagged on at the end.

It was a genuine mistake from a rookie writer with no real or professional journalism training on a site which the LFC content is a new section and shoddily managed.

FSG or LFC don't deserve to be tarred and feathered for that it was completely out of their control.

It should also be pointed out that Arsenal have 'made an enquiry' a few times foir Dempsey and West ham actually made a bid, but no, it was all Liverpools fault alone.

The poster above is right in that Jol is using the Dempsey/LFC thing to deflect away from himself and the club. Dempsey has already intimated Jol is lying and only giving one side of the story and said the 'truth' will come out so I'll wait to hear that first.

Football clubs always make an enquiry first before bidding. That is normal procedure to find out if a) the player is even for sale, B) the ball park value of said player to see if it is affordable to the prospective club.

Liverpool didn't end up putting a bid in because Dempsey was 3/4th priority signing and after we bought the more important players, we have no money left to buy Dempsey. If we can sell Adam/Spearing/Carroll/Cole which we are trying to do, then this may change.

Deflect what away from him and the club? Also Jol has said it would be unfair to say Dempsey refused to play, so what is he lying about? Rodgers said in an interview that Liverpool had inquired about Dempsey and that he's a very talented player. He then laughably said he didn't want to talk about other teams players, have just admitted his clubs interest. Of course that is going to turn the head of the player. Clubs can ask about a player availability, but don't need to make it public that they've done so. It's up to the club who own the player to decide if they wish to tell him about the inquiry. So along with the FSG website announcement, as I previously said, Jol has every reason to be pissed off with the whole situation. His best player has had his head turned by another club, who let their interest be known to him through the media and on a website owned by their owners. If Rodgers and FAG could just have kept their mouths shut, all Dempsey would need to know is that there have been no offers for him.

The Leeds of the 70s were a legendarily filthy rough side and Leeds have more than their fair share of shall we say troublesome supporters, so it's probably a little from column A and a little from column B.

Do you not think BOF that even though they were a dirty team they were actually a very good team. A lot of teams in that era knew how to put their foot in including Chelsea. Remember 'chopper Harris?'

We actually had the Cantona kung Fu kick on the pitch in those days and just imagine if those tackles were still prevalent today? There would be no-one left on the pitch. Maybe Barton was born in the wrong era?

Ki Seung Yeung to Swansea then, a very good signing. Missed out on some pretty decent players this window. Hoilett, Clyne and now Ki. Although the first 2 probably wanted ridiculous wages.

Fingers crossed we see some more IN's before a week on Saturday.