Jez

Not THAT bad a signing. One year.

From Opta: In the past three seasons Louis Saha has featured in 83 PL games (73%), four more than Robin van Persie in that period.

Yep, certainly isn't as laughable as the MON thread is making it out to be.

Yeah, whatever. Knowing MON, Sunderland are going to rely on him as their striker. Which means they'll end up with Sessegnon up front again.

lets see how many games he plays before we say he isnt that bad a signing, i believe he will not play more than 10 games

He made 28 pl appearances last year.

More than Darren Bent.

Yeah and yet scored on 4 league goals to Bent's 9. Add to that he scored two or three of those in one match alone. Hehe

More than Darren Bent.

Which is easily dismissed as hogwash and piffle upon scrutiny, as despite featuring in 6 more league games Saha actually played less PL football than Bent last season; 1678 minutes to Bent's 1858.

lets see how many games he plays before we say he isnt that bad a signing, i believe he will not play more than 10 games

More than Darren Bent.

Yeah and yet scored on 4 league goals to Bent's 9. Add to that he scored two or three of those in one match alone. Hehe

Wasn't saying he's a better player.

More than Darren Bent.

Wasn't saying he's a better player.

Didn't say you did. Was just throwing in more statistics, mate.

More than Darren Bent.

It truly is pathetic, the lengths people will go to in order to be argumentative, even comparing favourably against one of our strikers who had an actual injury. His 28 appearances were usually off the bench for a matter of minutes per match. That's not what Sunderland want and Saha as a main striker starting every game will not last pissing time over a season. Just to take his last 7 appearances for Spurs because they're the most relevant and it's not worth wasting any more of my time proving something we all know. He played for 35, 75, 14, 11, 12, 45, 6 minutes respectively. I say again. MOAARRRR please MON :thumb:

More than Darren Bent.

Which is easily dismissed as hogwash and piffle upon scrutiny, as despite featuring in 6 more league games Saha actually played less PL football than Bent last season; 1678 minutes to Bent's 1858.

His less minutes could be down to being shit and getting subbed or starting on the bench.

I was just pointing out he wasn't as injury prone as the hysterical laughter suggests.

More than Darren Bent.

It truly is pathetic, the lengths people will go to in order to be argumentative, even comparing favourably against one of our strikers who had an actual injury. His 28 appearances were usually off the bench for a matter of minutes per match. That's not what Sunderland want and Saha as a main striker starting every game will not last pissing time over a season. Just to take his last 7 appearances for Spurs because they're the most relevant and it's not worth wasting any more of my time proving something we all know. He played for 35, 75, 14, 11, 12, 45, 6 minutes respectively. I say again. MOAARRRR please MON :thumb:

That's nice.

I stated his appearances in response to the suggestion he will only play 10 games next season. Like someone else said he's made 83 appearances in the last 3 years. He might be shit, he might be a waste of money but he hardly seems as injury prone as suggested.

If it will make you happy I'll just join in.

Saha, what a **** joke!!!!

MON :lol:

Dear oh dear BJ. If you can't see that his 'minutes per game' is precisely because he has a long history of injuries and that he doesn't have the stamina for an extended run in a first team then I can't help you. But just because you can't see something, doesn't mean it's not there. It's just that you're missing it.

True, but if his decreased time was down to him being shit, surely does that not then give us even more of a reason to laugh? :)
Yeah, he's now also trying the 'he might just be shit' argument as a defence of Saha and MON. Pyrrhic victory? Not that it holds water anyway.

Next!

Dear oh dear BJ. If you can't see that his 'minutes per game' is precisely because he has a long history of injuries and that he doesn't have the stamina for an extended run in a first team then I can't help you. But just because you can't see something, doesn't mean it's not there. It's just that you're missing it.

You've used the old just because you can't see it argument before.

Must be brilliant having your superior football knowledge :notworthy:

If knowing that Saha has a history of injuries is superior to your football knowledge BJ then I'd start reading up on football if I was you. There's a new season just around the corner.