Jez

Twil be fascinating to see how RvP and Rooney blend together...Danny Wellbeck can't be too happy about this, or Chicarito for that matter....

I may have to alter my fantasy team now....

hmm....

i **** hate piers morgan, i have almost no doubt he is doing that purely to get himself trending

He's a flaming word removed, but he likes his football, so I can't fault him for that

Depends on what Modric has said. He has made it perfectly clear he wants to play for a club who have a realistic chance of winning the Champions League and he has already given Spurs the courtesy of staying for one more season when Chelsea were in for him last summer. At some point you have to realise that you are over a barrel and you have to sell.

I can't believe that Spurs are going to deal at £26m having being asking for £40m. Not how Levy does business. I could see him going for £30-£32m

"Luka Modric edges closer to Real Madrid move from Tottenham Hotspur

Real Madrid made a significant breakthrough in their protracted attempt to sign Luka Modric from Tottenham on Wednesday after offering to increase their up-front fee beyond £30 million on a potential £38 million deal.

Tottenham had initially placed a £50 million price-tag on their midfielder and had turned down a deal that could have risen to more than £35million because they were unhappy with the guaranteed proportion of the payment.

Real, however, have indicated that they are willing to restructure the deal to guarantee Tottenham closer to £35 million and Modric is now finally expected in Madrid in the next 48 hours for a medical and to agree personal terms."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/tottenham-hotspur/9478617/Luka-Modric-edges-closer-to-Real-Madrid-move-from-Tottenham-Hotspur.html

It will be the clauses. Ask a Villa fan what we paid for Darren Bent and the answer is £18m. Ask a Sunderland fan and the answer is £24m. I'm sure there are clauses in the Modric deal which Real Madrid will have to shell out for, but I am also sure there are some clauses in there which exist purely within media headlines to keep fans of the selling club (ie, Spurs) happy.

It's another reason why I wish that football clubs were forced to disclose the details of their transfer deals though. To go of on a slight tangent, it would certainly help remove a lot of the corruption from the game.

I can't believe that Spurs are going to deal at £26m having being asking for £40m. Not how Levy does business. I could see him going for £30-£32m

"Luka Modric edges closer to Real Madrid move from Tottenham Hotspur

Real Madrid made a significant breakthrough in their protracted attempt to sign Luka Modric from Tottenham on Wednesday after offering to increase their up-front fee beyond £30 million on a potential £38 million deal.

Tottenham had initially placed a £50 million price-tag on their midfielder and had turned down a deal that could have risen to more than £35million because they were unhappy with the guaranteed proportion of the payment.

Real, however, have indicated that they are willing to restructure the deal to guarantee Tottenham closer to £35 million and Modric is now finally expected in Madrid in the next 48 hours for a medical and to agree personal terms."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/tottenham-hotspur/9478617/Luka-Modric-edges-closer-to-Real-Madrid-move-from-Tottenham-Hotspur.html

I find this much more believable.

£26m for Modric is farcically under-valuing the player.