Jez

It doesnt. The FA can only ban him from FA sanctioned competitions (Premier League, FA Cup, League cup) and have no power over anything else. It's why Suarez was able to play for Liverpool while serving a ban in Holland for biting.

what they dont need is someone coming in with a great bid on the 31st

most of the ones i work with are convinced the club should have prepared better and replaced them already, it was great hearing one of them suggest Stale isnt up to the job and wanting him out already!

Sounds like my old man.

Jose Boswinga to QPR.

Good signing.

Fulham also renewing interest in Stephen N'Zonzi. I assumed he had gone already.. curious as to why there's not been much interest in him, he's a decent player and available for pretty cheap.

Southampton spending 12m on Gaston Ramirez. Very very good signing, although pretty pricey for Southampton. Quite a gamble for someone with no PL experience, I can see him doing well though.

I honestly think it's a stupid move by Southampton. They've had a specific budget and pretty much splashed it out on two players apart from Clyne, they'd have been better off improving the whole team, in particular the defence which is not good enough.

Ramirez will also be on £2.5m a year which is a heck of a lot of money, something Spurs and Liverpool were reluctant to meet which tells you it all.

Saying that seen Ramirez a lot, and he's a good player but think he might struggle with the physicality in this league.

Just posted in the Villa section about this..

The reason the lower down clubs are spending bigger than usual is the TV rights.

In 2013-14 season the TV Rights went for 4 billion. I don't know of numbers but you'd expect each club to get at least 300m from this. To go down next season would destroy almost all hopes of Premier League competitiveness. You go down this season, even to come straight back up again would put you around 300m behind everyone else in the league. It's going to destroy the english game, IMO, as you'll have the 17 Premiership clubs getting richer and richer, the 3 yo-yo clubs, and then the Championship clubs with no chance of really competing.

This is why we're seeing the lower down clubs spending a lot more than you'd normally expect; survival this year is worth hundreds of millions. Invest that and you can cement your place for hundreds of millions for future seasons.

This is why we're seeing the lower down clubs spending a lot more than you'd normally expect; survival this year is worth hundreds of millions. Invest that and you can cement your place for hundreds of millions for future seasons.

Well then we better make sure we spend, so we dont go down..

It is a huge worry. The clubs that go down this year could never be a proper Premiership club again. You can do alot with 300m. Invest your initial 300m for stay up again and then you'll be making hundreds of millions each year. For that sort of money there are plenty of Championship clubs who could put themselves right about us. For **** sake, Birmingham could come up and get 300m (or more!) straight away. It's a completely **** up situation that will see gigantic rewards for basically being in the right place at the right time. The team to come up this year will get hundreds of millions, the team that goes down will get almost nothing but a few parachute payments.

RVP deal is official now- could be title swinger for UNited

I don't think so tbh. I'm not sure how he's going to change the way United play. Not convinced that RVP to United is the right move for either party. United's style of play is nothing like Arsenal's. RVP to Citeh made complete sense, RVP to United makes little sense to me but Citeh don't really need him. I think Fergusson's been suckered into buying him to prevent him going to Citeh.

I don't think he'll be a disaster there but I do think he'll take a while to adapt, I think United's team & tactics will also take time to adapt to him too. Citeh will be out of the blocks early this season and United will falter a few times in the opening months. As a result United will be playing catch up from too early in the season

I don't think their style is all that dissimilar tbh Bicks. I know Arsenal are held up as the tiki-taka masters of the PL but United can be every bit as good as that and while they can cross where Arsenal can't, the likes of Kagawa, Young and Nani are more than able to thread a through-ball. Plus I just can't see a player of RVP's quality failing to make an impact no matter where he goes; especially now that we know he'll be surrounded by what he has at OT. United weren't a mile off last year so it wouldn't take much to swing it. There was no player more important to their own club last season than RVP was to Arsenal. Taking him and putting him in a side so close to the title, IMO, means it's not a stretch to say he could easily tip the balance.