Jez

RVP to Man Utd is bullshit according to a couple of arse supposed itk's....other than Utds measley opening bid theres been no word.

Its Juventus or no-one at the moment, as Arse will want 25+ mill plus from another Prem club, if they accept it at all. RVP also supposedly isnt willing to judas arsenal by joining a main rival in the same league either, as it would jeapodise what he sees as his arsenal legend status.

Personally i think he will stay for another year then go abroad, or sign a 12 month extension. All could change if one of the manc clubs come in with a mega offer, but i still cant see it. I think though theres still a slight chance of madrid or barcelona swooping in and getting him for 15-20 mill.

Man Utd though they have signed Kagawa now look the weakest of the top 4 when you look squad for squad. Not by much, but their midfield is still lacking technically, and how much longer can Scholes and Giggs keep pace? Chelsea look interesting now though are still rebuilding, Arsenal need to add / tighten up defensively and they will be tite challengers for sure, and City ominously have yet to spend. Its all shaping up nicely. And as a sweetner, things down Villa ParK look more optimistic too :-) bring on the new season..

RVP to Man Utd is bullshit according to a couple of arse supposed itk's....other than Utds measley opening bid theres been no word.

Its Juventus or no-one at the moment, as Arse will want 25+ mill plus from another Prem club, if they accept it at all. RVP also supposedly isnt willing to judas arsenal by joining a main rival in the same league either, as it would jeapodise what he sees as his arsenal legend status.

Personally i think he will stay for another year then go abroad, or sign a 12 month extension. All could change if one of the manc clubs come in with a mega offer, but i still cant see it. I think though theres still a slight chance of madrid or barcelona swooping in and getting him for 15-20 mill.

Man Utd though they have signed Kagawa now look the weakest of the top 4 when you look squad for squad. Not by much, but their midfield is still lacking technically, and how much longer can Scholes and Giggs keep pace? Chelsea look interesting now though are still rebuilding, Arsenal need to add / tighten up defensively and they will be tite challengers for sure, and City ominously have yet to spend. Its all shaping up nicely. And as a sweetner, things down Villa ParK look more optimistic too :-) bring on the new season..

After 20 years of Premier League, one should know better about Manchester United. Before last season everyone said they had the weakest squad in a looong time but yet they lost out to City's billions of goal difference. Scholes and Giggs weren't very important for them last season IMO, although Scholes brought a little spark in the last part. One has to remember that United probably have the best squad wingers in the world in Nani, Valencia and Young. These players seldom have injuries as well, and now Kagawa has come in to create something in the middle. Remember, have United really ever had a creative midfielder like Özil during Fergie's reign? Scholes was never that guy.

Arsenal will be title challengers for sure? They haven't won a trophy since 2005 and haven't been anywhere near challenging the title for years. Buying Podolski and Giroud will not change that at all, and their attacking players have never been the problem anyway. They will end up at least 12-15 points behind whoever wins the league at the end, and you can bet your ass it sadly will be either United or City.

Chelsea under Di Matteo? Never going to win the title. And then they sack him and hire someone big like Guardiola in one year.

Athletic Club Bilbao ‏@Athletic_eng

Athletic Bilbao Spanish striker Fernando Llorente has rejected an offer of €4.5M a year from the Basque club and wants to leave.

Looks like he's off to Juve then.

Apparently Sunderland have made a £12m offer for Fletcher.... I see that as overpriced myself? Opinions?

Also interested to know what "ITK" means as I see it alot on here.

It's amazing how many people set themselves up as "in the know" since Twitter became a thing. There are a ton of tactics to being "in the know" of course. My personal favourite is where you repeat every rumour and bit of speculation you hear on the internet and then highlight the ones you got right. I think this is based on the principle that if you throw enough shit at a wall then some of it is bound to stick.

Like most leagues, their popularity is cyclical.

I think the next big league will be German or Italian, but most likely German because they've got superb talent coming through the ranks.

The only reason I watch Spanish football is Messi. The Bundesliga is great to watch though and will probably be massive in a few years.

Bundesliga > La Liga already, IMO. Outside of Real and Barce there isn't much entertainment on offer in La Liga. Of course many will disagree, but just my opinion after watching a handful of lesser games in the last few years.

I'd watch Wigan vs West Ham over Levante vs Racing Santander though.

You're right though, that games such as Cologne vs Werder Bremen are considerably more appealing than anything the other leagues in Europe offer.

However, Barcelona vs Real Madrid > Man Utd vs Chelsea > Dortmund vs Bayern.

Bundesliga certainly has strength in depth, and that is growing with the signings the lower-midtable teams are making. La Liga on the other hand is going the other direction - the weaker teams are getting weaker whilst Real and Barce get stronger. It is worrying for the Spanish League.

La Liga on the other hand is going the other direction - the weaker teams are getting weaker whilst Real and Barce get stronger. It is worrying for the Spanish League.

the top 2 are getting stronger but the other teams are still quite good. Bilbao, Atletico and Sevilla would probably beat any English team outside top 5. ONly 6 months ago when Bilbao humbled 2nd place Man United

You're right though, that games such as Cologne vs Werder Bremen are considerably more appealing than anything the other leagues in Europe offer.
A match up you won't be seeing anytime soon in the 1.Liga. 8)

TBH they're so good that I can't see them failing. You just put them on the pitch and watch the magic. Players of that quality will figure it out.