Jez

If it meant buying quality players, who could actually compete for this club to win things i wouldn't give a monkey's. I doubt many fans of other clubs would either.

Got to be better than spending just enough to hope that we stay in the league every year.

Weird one I think. If Rodwell can stay fit he's got the potential to be a great player. But he seems to be injured quite a lot. Don't think Everton fans will be too sad about this one.

Agreed. This seems like a better deal for Everton than it does for City. Strange transfer.

The American Landon Donovan has been linked with them for a while and now they have money. Donovan and Pienaar down the flanks with Coleman and Baines backing them up can be very good. Plus Jelavic up top. Everton can be very good.

Heard a midfielder was going on Friday, thought Fellaini at first but then told it was Rodwell and to City of all places.

I'm sad really. I feel he's be unfairly treated by our fans due to unrealistic expectations. He's been unlucky with injuries but his talent and potential is great. I'll be gutted if he flourishes there like he very well could.

£15m rising to £20m supposedly which can't really be sniffed at. Doesn't mean it doesn't make me sad any less.

Heard a midfielder was going on Friday, thought Fellaini at first but then told it was Rodwell and to City of all places.

I'm sad really. I feel he's be unfairly treated by our fans due to unrealistic expectations. He's been unlucky with injuries but his talent and potential is great. I'll be gutted if he flourishes there like he very well could.

£15m rising to £20m supposedly which can't really be sniffed at. Doesn't mean it doesn't make me sad any less.

Do you think Moyes will be allowed to spend most of it? It's a lot of money for his potential and given his injuries problems wasn't exactly missed last season for you. But still, he's only 21. However, you feel it's a step backwards for him.

I don't think Rodwell has much potential, I never have. I've never seen any great talent. I can't see him being one of the best 3 English CMs of his generation, so can't see him playing a big role for a top team. People talk about his injuries and that he's still young, but what about the fact he isn't technically that good? If he was a DM and there to simply break up the play then maybe he could develop and add some bite to his game. But he's not going to get anywhere as more general CM and attacking CM player.

We've been linked to M'Vila and Leandro by Duncan Castle who supposedly close to AVB. Despite them both having big reputations, if I'm honest from what I've seen I'm not overly impressed. I'd rather Remy as a striker and either Lass, Dembele or Capoue as a CM. Dembele could cover a few positions for us, so I'd really like him.

I don't think Rodwell has much potential, I never have. I've never seen any great talent. I can't see him being one of the best 3 English CMs of his generation, so can't see him playing a big role for a top team. People talk about his injuries and that he's still young, but what about the fact he isn't technically that good? If he was a DM and there to simply break up the play then maybe he could develop and add some bite to his game. But he's not going to get anywhere as more general CM and attacking CM player.

Technically he is good, he is big, good in the air, good passing, holds the ball well and moves well. His main problems are he sometimes goes to sleep and he is too nice (doesn't stamp his authority/rarely one to put in a real crunching tackle/been known to hide a bit). They can be brought out of him through time and he can be a top player.

Always thought he'd be our captain one day from the first time I saw him play, when he was 14. Guess it just wasn't to be.

Hopefully Moyes sees the money, he wouldn't have agreed to it otherwise imo.

have to agree have never seen anything in Rodwell to say he will be a top player, I said same about Henderson as well. If they werent English I dont think they would have a big reputation

Nearly fell off my chair at work whensomeone came in and said about the Rodwell deal and nearly every Evertonian I was with then and since has said almost exactly the same thing. How much for one of our bench warmers, yes please!

Technically he is good, he is big, good in the air, good passing, holds the ball well and moves well. His main problems are he sometimes goes to sleep and he is too nice (doesn't stamp his authority/rarely one to put in a real crunching tackle/been known to hide a bit). They can be brought out of him through time and he can be a top player.

Always thought he'd be our captain one day from the first time I saw him play, when he was 14. Guess it just wasn't to be.

Hopefully Moyes sees the money, he wouldn't have agreed to it otherwise imo.

I think it's hard to sustain this argument in comparison to other players though. You can say so many Prem players are technically good, but if you compare him to English players, let alone the foreign players you can't really claim he's good technically or at passing. Lampard, Gerrard, Barry, Carrick, Wilshire and Huddlestone are all superior in those departments. On the evidence of U21 football so is Henderson. So, though technically decent compared to many defenders, wide players and strikers, he's not particularly good for a CM, not even an English CM. He probably looks good to Everton fans (I know many of you don't rate him, aren't accusing Everton fans in general of bias), as generally you aren't a technical, passing team. But lets face it he's no Arteta.