Jez

Heard rumours (nothing to back this up, pure rumour) that Everton and Fulham are looking at Scott Dann.

Not heard that one at all, but hes a local lad...Wont be first choice though as we've already had a bid rejected for that top defensive target, Jan Vertonghen, I expect us to go back with a second offer though.

Don't recognise the name, who's he play for?

Ajax

Arsenal have, shock horror, signed Chamakh.

Records hardly awe-inspiring considering it's France but we'll see.

Never got Chamakh hype and think he will flop in England

From what I've seen of him, the odd couple of matches, he's never been that great and his record isn't spectacular in a weaker league. As said though, we'll see. Wenger normally has adecent eye for a player and he's been after him for donkeys.

Adebayor's record for Monaco was pretty awful as well though.

Wouldn't surprise me to see him do well here in the same sort of way.

Although the French League is certainly weaker than the Premier League, people tend to forget that it's also a very defensive and low-scoring (not to say boring as hell...) League. If a player scores x goals per season in France, I'd generally expect him to score about the same number in England, despite the higher overall standard. Someone who scores 30 in a season in France (if that ever happens...) is likely to be pretty damn good, unlike someone who scores 30 in Holland, for example, who might turrn out to be a flop in a better League.

Not that Chamakh scores that many, of course, but I expect he'll do OK for Arsenal. He's no Drogba, and probably won't be as good as Van Persie, but could well be an improvement on Bendtner.

So I guess this means Bendtner could soon be on his way to a club looking for a new striker... like Villa?