Jez

With FFP driving even bigger differences between the top and bottom clubs in each league, the only competitive thing to do wiuld be to bring in a european super league. For me, FFP should be changed to allow owner investment as long as the debts of the club aren't increased.

Anyway, back on topic apparently Pato has been offered to QPR.

• Like 1

no what angers me is the decision to try and limit a club owner from spending his private wealth

we will never be able to compete with utd, the idea that we could compete with them by running ourselves better is ridiculous, there's a reason they voted for these rules and lerner didnt, we are a million miles away from where they are and its exponential growth

I'm not reading much about clubs like villa being held back because of FFP.

Clubs like Man City, PSG, Liverpool, Real Madrid on the other hand are having to think a bit more before splashing the cash.

There is little stopping villa having a spending spree (apart from the obvious).

What the hell are you waffling about?! The bloody rules stop Villa going on a spending sorted spree

my basic understanding of the rule is that if carlos slim wanted to buy us and pump a £1bn in, leaving him only around £49bn left to go which lets face it is a bit dangerous, he cant because thats unfair on everyone else - man utd win

instead if he wants to pump money in to the club he has to create a loophole by sponsoring our shirts, our stadium, our womens teams, the bus route to the ground, the church, the social, for far more than the market value, this of course increases the market value of other teams, if our shirt deal is suddenly worth £50m a year then theirs is worth more - man utd win

so we are left with the scenario that we are told that in a fair way we have to compete with them financially off the field, we have to get the deals that they havent got, only the goal txt alert service in vietnam is worth an estimated £2m a year, which is the equivalent of west broms and about 3 other prem teams main shirt sponsor, its safe to say their official japanese paint partnership deal is worth slightly more than ours - man utd win

to me FFP should also take in to account other investments made by the owner, football is all about brand association and yet doesnt accept that owning a football team happens to help the majority of your other businesses, the reality in my mind is that man citys owners who also happen their fingers in the pies of etihad and abu dhabi tourism amongst a lot of other things, havent lost a penny at city, hence why america is next

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

Arsenal granted a work permit for Gabriel Paulista,makes a mockery of greg dyke saying these work permits would stop being given out to those who dont meet the criteria.

And he looks like a corpse.

183954.jpg

Edited by Jimzk5

my basic understanding of the rule is...

... create a loophole by sponsoring our shirts, our stadium, our womens teams, the bus route to the ground, the church, the social, for far more than the market value

Didn't work out too well for City or PSG

I doubt MON would spend that amount on him, not when we have Ashley Young, Milner, Downing and Albrighton competing for places on the wing already.

I think our priority will be strikers and central midfielders, thats where the money with go.

Apparently he's abit of a word removed anyway, he'd only end up annoying MON and spend his time at Villa Park sat on the bench like Reo-Coker.

How times change :( although the previous post was about McLeish trying to sign Charles Insomnia for Scum Heath

West Brom sign Callum McManamamanamanan for £3.75m - hell of a lot of cash for a flash in the pan winger.

Even worse as it's reportedly £4.75m - BBC Sport

Callum McManaman: West Brom sign Wigan winger for £4.75m

West Bromwich Albion have signed Wigan winger Callum McManaman for a fee of about £4.75m.

The 23-year-old has signed a three-and-a-half year contract at The Hawthorns and is new manager Tony Pulis's first signing.

"I'm delighted we've got Callum and I believe he will be an exciting addition," Pulis said.

"Callum is a player who can improve our options and I am really looking forward to working with him."

McManaman was Wigan's joint top-scorer this season with five goals in his 23 appearances and scored twice in the top flight for the Latics in 2012-13.

After his release by Everton, Huyton-born McManaman joined Wigan in 2007 and had a loan spell at Blackpool before his first-team breakthrough at the DW Stadium.

He was named man of the match when the Latics beat Manchester City in the 2013 FA Cup final.

McManaman is the second player to leave the struggling Championship side on Wednesday - after Adam Forshaw left to join Middlesbrough.

Edited by Nath182

Arsenal granted a work permit for Gabriel Paulista,makes a mockery of greg dyke saying these work permits would stop being given out to those who dont meet the criteria.

183954.jpg

He may or may not meet the criteria but he's better than a lot of dross that comes over that from the eu... He really is a top defender. He's coming over from La Liga, he plays for a club who have a great defence. I don't see why he shouldn't have got a  permit.

Edited by PaulC

183954.jpg

He may or may not meet the criteria but he's better than a lot of dross that comes over that from the eu... He really is a top defender. He's coming over from La Liga, he plays for a club who have a great defence. I don't see why he shouldn't have got a permit.

I dont have a problem with him getting a work permit, I was just saying how it makes a mockery of Greg dykes plan of getting more English players playing first team football with the aim of winning the world cup in 2022 by not allowing those who don't meet the existing criteria work permits

That player Leicester signed also did meet the criteria, he also got through in this window.