The Bundesliga Thread

Troglodyte

On 20/12/2020 at 15:05, sne said:

Marcus Thuram fined 1 months wages by Mönchengladbach for spitting on Hoffenheim player Stefan Posch.

He'll also be facing a very long suspension from the Bundesliga.

Edit: Quickly checks to see if Mino Raiola is his agent and sure enough he is. Wonder if he's been asked to act out to get a move...

6 match ban for Thuram.

It's odd to say it's been a bit of a shocking campaign whilst simultaneously having gotten out a very tough CL group, but it's been a feckin' shocking campaign.  So many late goals conceded, points thrown away and vs streaks broken this season.  Desperately need to find some consistency. 

And Thuram's incredibly lucky it's just a 6 game ban, he should have had the book thrown at him, then picked up and beaten repeatedly with it. 

On 20/12/2020 at 16:24, Troglodyte said:

I'll be surprised if Marco Rose isn't the next BVB manager.

It might be the nostalgia talking but I'd absolutely have Favre back.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GarethRDR said:

It might be the nostalgia talking but I'd absolutely have Favre back.

Yeah that wouldn't surprise me at all and would possibly soften the blow somewhat for Gladbach, although I imagine some might see it as a backwards step despite his previous success.

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, NoelVilla said:

Schalke is losing. They have Hoffenheim and Frankfurt next to try and not set that record.

Incredible collapse from a side that was in the Champions League just two seasons ago.

1 hour ago, Hornso said:

Incredible collapse from a side that was in the Champions League just two seasons ago.

The David Wagner effect 😉

Gets a quick bounce with no long term planning and leaves the club in a mess 

7 hours ago, sne said:

Matthew Hoppe and Amine Harit combining to give Schalke 04 a rare victory?

The remarkable thing is that Hoppe is a fresh prospect who hasn't even been particularly productive at the reserve level for Schalke, who just happened to find himself given a chance with the first team. Think of it as a little bit like Indiana Vassilev getting a run of minutes with us last season when things were particularly desperate. I tuned into the match to watch him play and his goals were all well taken after smart runs and equally deft passes from Harit. Perhaps it's been a matter of lack of service more than a lack of killer instinct that's prevented him from scoring  thus far, or maybe things just "clicked" for him today. As an American, I'd be thrilled to see it as the beginning of a good run of form and continued development for him than a freak one-off.

• Like 1

Â