The Bundesliga Thread

Troglodyte

Dortmund looked strong today, particularly considering their absentees: no Reus, Sancho, Witsel or Can.

Schubert had a shocker for Schalke (one for Sean Connery there) and they looked completely listless.

Great to see Brandt continuing his improved performances from before the break, and Haaland still being an absolute monster.

It is absolutely nothing like the same without fans. I found it less jarring than the Champions League game behind closed doors between PSG and Dortmund, perhaps because after watching that, this time I felt more prepared for what to expect. It still does take so much away though. It's going to be amazing to hear the fans at pretty much any stadium once they're back; I imagine it'll be louder than ever at most stadiums.

I think I'd watch Villa on TV without fans and enjoy it. It's not the same, but it's worthwhile. And when you take relegation battle into account, I'd definitely be up for it.

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

No football 

Football is for fans

I agree.

I tried watching it and it was just lane with no fans. I think a lot of fans wont be that interested after 3-4 games 

Even if leeds and wba come up it wont be the same as they cant celebrate with their fans. It will be so lame.

141458-qmahicmpxt-1589683624.jpg

In an accompanying document sent to clubs, the DFL said hugging and hand contact in celebration of goals should be avoided and that preference should be given to “elbow or foot contact”.

But on Saturday, a DFL spokesman confirmed there would be no punishment, as it had only offered “guidelines” on how goals should be celebrated.

“For celebrations, only advice has been given and therefore there can be no sanctions,” a DFL spokesman said.

Eye roll.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Schalke keeper is s***.

Probably shouldn't have benched Nübel. I get why they did so since he's already signed for Bayern but still.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, sne said:

Probably shouldn't have benched Nübel. I get why they did so since he's already signed for Bayern but still.

He's made a few clangers since signing for Bayern too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

I think has been decided at Bayern he will be a No.2 behind Neuer so probably not helped his confidence either

Well his signing has certainly ruffled Neuer’s feathers somewhat. Yet to sign an extension.

Looking forward to the match tonight. Werder Bremen have always been my German team so hoping the break has done them good. Expecting the atmosphere to be similar to a Man City home game though, unfortunately.

• Like 1

Life would be so much easier if we could just go and sign Kai Havertz for 100m.

Guy's going to be a very good player shortly, reminds me of Ballack.

Diaby looks good on the right aswell, they picked him up from PSG.

Rashica been quiet but tbh Bremen look well short of fitness for this.

Edited by VillaChris

1 hour ago, Troglodyte said:

Neuer's issues are more to do with money and length of contract than Nübel's arrival. I don't think he'd be losing any sleep over that!

Why do you think he wants a 5 year deal? So he can finish his career as Bayern's #1.

Neuer, who has a market value of $15.95 million, would like to finish his career in Munich. But Bayern Munich has already signed a long-term replacement in Alexander Nübel. Nübel is the next stumbling block in future negotiations between Neuer and Bayern Munich. 

Signed by sporting director Hasan Salihamidžić on a free transfer, Nübel was lured to Bayern Munich with the promise of guaranteed playing time. Nübel was promised that Neuer would give up a certain percentage of games per season to ensure Nübel's development. 

Neuer, however, was not informed about this particular development and was unhappy about the club's decision. His discontent about the club's decision once again made its way to the public, another aspect that upset Neuer. 

"There is no such thing in competitive sports," Neuer said about Nübel's guaranteed playing time in Bild am Sonntag on Sunday. "Such promises are risky because there is a coach who is definitely not doing you a favor. I don't think you can tell a coach that manages a team like Bayern, who to play."

https://www.forbes.com/sites/manuelveth/2020/04/19/bayern-munich-contract-negotiations-with-manuel-neuer-show-internal-rift/#27c854b91bb7

Edited by Hornso

Â