The Bundesliga Thread

Troglodyte

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Embolo plays Monchengladbach now. 

Schalke sound like every Wagner team I watched

Ah right, silly me. Embolo was at Schalke for years. We were linked to him in summer 2015 I think.

Yep they are very limited in the final third. Not just today but before the break they hadn't scored in many away games.

Leipzig losing at home to freiburg 

I'm interested in the mid table teams and their form, season is finished, no chance of relegation or europe, hertha up to koln (who did start to get a EL buzz about them pre virus) and if some ropey performances pop up

And for those that don't know... This is one of the biggest derbies in German football, last years game ended 4-2 to schalke, dortmund had 2 players sent off and it was effectively the final nail in their title hopes 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Augsburg-Wolfsburg is a pretty good game, dreaded VAR just chalked off a goal for Augsburg.

Overall a positive start to the return of football then 

18 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Overall a positive start to the return of football then 

Maybe one should just check the results and table, then it'll be just like normal Bundesliga.

3 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Not gonna lie. Watching it feels kinda underwhelming.

Just not the same without the fans

Exactly this. Proof that football without fans is nothing.

I'm questioning whether I actually like football as a game or just going to the games!

🤣

1 hour ago, wedge said:

Exactly this. Proof that football without fans is nothing

It's the same for most sports. You need the fans and the atmosphere to give what you are watching a sense of importance. Even golf will struggle without spectators. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, villa89 said:

It's the same for most sports. You need the fans and the atmosphere to give what you are watching a sense of importance. Even golf will struggle without spectators. 

Hopefully at least once football in premier league restarts without crowds and we have the same issues everyone will realise how critical fans are to matchday experience and perhaps we'll all stop getting fleeced and clubs with work with fan groups on stuff like kick off times.

Or perhaps we can file that under the same naive thinking of the NHS will be more adaquetly funded once the crisis is over.

• Like 1

Â