The Bundesliga Thread

Troglodyte

• 4 weeks later...
11 hours ago, KHV said:

Not technically bundesliga but dynamo Dresden took 35000 away fans to a midweek cup game in Berlin!

And lost on penalties after conceding a goal in the 123rd minute.

Amazing support and they've managed to get rid of most of their right wing idiot supporters as well in the last couple of years apparently.

Can we take a minute to appreciate the fact that Lewandowski has now scored 19 goals this season in all competitions and has 9 games in a row where he scored in the Bundesliga which is the all time record?

Edit: He also scored 3 international goals for Poland (5 if you count the July games)

He must be a contender for the ballon'dor podium, (or at least top 5). Of course he won't be, because, you know, Naymar et al. 

He is the most in form player in major football now, I can't believe some people claimed Kane is a better player...

Edited by Mic09
  • Like 1

It'd be worth crashing out of the Europa League early if it leaves 'Gladbach's schedule clear enough to solidify a CL spot.  Under no illusions that there's a genuine title challenge on, last couple of campaigns there's always been a spectacular collapse in form not long after the Winterpause, but I suppose one could dream.

Lilian Thuram's lad is absolute butter.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, GarethRDR said:

It'd be worth crashing out of the Europa League early if it leaves 'Gladbach's schedule clear enough to solidify a CL spot.  Under no illusions that there's a genuine title challenge on, last couple of campaigns there's always been a spectacular collapse in form not long after the Winterpause, but I suppose one could dream.

Lilian Thuram's lad is absolute butter.

I'm hoping Oscar Wendt plays his last season there and moved back home to IFK Göteborg.

Is he still doing OK or has age caught up?

• Like 1

Love him. Comfortably keeping Bensebaini out of the starting line-up.  Seems like he could easily keep it up at this level for another season or three.  Also put a shift it in the centre quite comfortably a couple of times this campaign (and those 2 goals don't hurt).  To think that he cost nothing and we've had 8 top-notch years of service from him, beautiful.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Wenger favourite for Bayern job

I've heard Tuchel. 

I highly doubt, if Bayern have any ambition, they would go for Wenger, but stranger things have happened.

9 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Wenger is a much better manager than Tuchel though. Tuchel has also board falling outs that Bayern wont really tolerate

Is he still thou?

Imo he's becoming more and more of a dotard who keeps gagging on about players he could or should have signed 10-15 years ago.

At 70 y.o he's not going to get years and years to build something at Bayern. 1 year,a year and a half tops and he's gone, not sure he'd be a good fit for them.

He also comes across more whiny than confident, at least that's how he was at Arsenal, again not very Bayern.

But I guess since the likes of Klopp and Nagelsmann are taken Wenger might do while they look for a proper replacement.

Look at the mess Arsenal are in now and that was while moving them into a new stadium and got Champions League nearly every season. Spurs are in a mess while doing a similar situation

He isn't the maestro of 2004 anymore but still got a great mind. His reputation got hit in UK as he went against the media loving football purists and Fergie fanboys like Pulis and Pardew etc

4 hours ago, sne said:

But I guess since the likes of Klopp and Nagelsmann are taken Wenger might do while they look for a proper replacement.

That’s what it says to me, short termism, the man they really want isn’t available

come in win a league title for a change, play decent football, develop Tillman, Davies and especially arp a bit, he’ll get a CL pass depending on the draw

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Â