The Bundesliga Thread

Troglodyte

4 hours ago, sne said:

Confirmed by the club that Mario Götze will leave Dortmund on a free this summer.

Shame he's been sick or injured so much over the years, never quite hit the heights he could have. Still only 27 (28 in a couple of days). Rumored to Milan if Ragnick goes there.

Can't believe he's only 27. Shows how young he was when he was actually good.

Was Gotze really that good, he had moments of glory but nothing consistent. For his hype he was underwhelming and most accurate comparison is Tomas Brolin as both a fat waste of space

He has myopathy! That's why he's put the weight on, his body is **** 

Seen some linking us to a cheeky move for him and others saying no because of money, seriously he's going to struggle to play 50% of games in the PL, he's finished, body has let him down, if he's lucky he might get himself a big pay off contract in the states, middle east or Japan but there's every danger he'll be retired by 30

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Zatman said:

Was Gotze really that good, he had moments of glory but nothing consistent. For his hype he was underwhelming and most accurate comparison is Tomas Brolin as both a fat waste of space

Broling never recovered after breaking his ankle, he was outstanding before that. One of the best Swedish players in the 92 Euro's and in the team of the tournament in the 94 WC where Sweden won the bronze.

He was dominant for Sundsvall and Norrköping and really good at Parma for 4 seasons.

3 minutes ago, sne said:

Broling never recovered after breaking his ankle, he was outstanding before that. One of the best Swedish players in the 92 Euro's and in the team of the tournament in the 94 WC where Sweden won the bronze.

He was dominant for Sundsvall and Norrköping and really good at Parma for 4 seasons.

Brolin was awesome talent, he went to Leeds at 25 and practically retired. I feel he could have done a lot more with his career

Edited by Zatman

Just now, Zatman said:

Brolin was awesome talent, he went to Leeds at 25 and practically retired. I feel he could have done a lot more with his career

Not after that injury, leg never healed. But yeah he didn't have the mentality to get going after the injury.

He was also poorly treated at Leeds which helped kill his love for the game. After that there was no coming back

I remember sometime during the late 90's we were at a bar in Båstad (summer town in Sweden) and he was sitting in the VIP section really drunk rolling 50 and 100 Kronor bills (£5-£10) together and flicked them at people outside. He ended up getting punched in the face in the streets that night :D Not by me thou. I did pick up some of his money.

• Like 2

I think Gotze was an awesome player. Looked to have so much natural ability but when your body lets you down like his has, there's no amount of ability that can help. One of the players I feel genuinely bad for.

9 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Mainz are hilariously bad defensively. If Leipzig keep up this intensity it could easily be another 8-0.

Everytime Leipzig go forward they look like scoring and thinking not out of 1st gear

14 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Everytime Leipzig go forward they look like scoring and thinking not out of 1st gear

It's a joy to watch. The 4th goal was a thing of beauty, even if the defending was shocking.

its the game that you can potentially see the huge fallout from if Dortmund are flat and lose, the football authorities almost need Dortmund to win to play the business as usual card, if Dortmund lose tonight and Bayern win the league by a 1 game margin I think it'll drag on as to how fair it all was

Bayern have been painfully dominant against Dortmund in the league for a couple of years now. Dortmund only have 3 wins in the last 15 or something like that.

Last 4 games it's 3-1 for Bayern with a GD of 17-3. In the last 6 it's 5-1 and a GD of 24-5.

Dortmund really could have needed their yellow wall but at least Bayern is having a bit of a midfield crisis with Tolisso, Coutinho missing and potentially Thiago and Gnabry as well. Looks like the last 2 will play thou.

Overall clubs like Bayern, Dortmund and Leipzig has a massive advantage with having bigger and better squads than the rest.

I always try and tune in to Bayern - Dortmund and I can't remember the last time Dortmund beat them in the league? Bayern just seem to have a hex over them. Maybe Dortmund are grateful for the loan they had from Bayern to save them from administration years ago!

I agree, I'd imagine the Bundesliga top dogs are quietly hoping for a Dortmund win so the eyes of the world remain fixed on the title race. They may see a drop in global viewing figures if Bayern start to run away with it.

Â