The Bundesliga Thread

Troglodyte

12 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

Kevin Vogt is stealing a living, single handedly costing them matches.

Only saw some of highlights but think it was him at fault for the goal, didnt even move near Weghorst

Just now, Zatman said:

Only saw some of highlights but think it was him at fault for the goal, didnt even move near Weghorst

Yeah them blamed his teammates but not telling him he was behind him 😂

Apparently Bayern nearly signed him in the summer. Can't believe it, then again Kovac was the manager.

1 hour ago, VillaAlex said:

I've been following Werder since the restart as they were quite similar to us.

Kevin Vogt is stealing a living, single handedly costing them matches.

Rashica has been off the pace for his reputation albeit didn't play today.

Their whole frontline makes our relegation season frontline seem dangerous.

One of the few players who has looked decent is Davy Klaassen who couldn't cut it for Everton.

I remember when Selke was the hot young German striking prospect about a decade ago. Been odd for them since the restart, two 1-0 away wins but can't score in the home games although they've had good chances in three of them.

They could still overhaul Dusseldorf who couldn't win despite playing 10 men for 80 minutes yesterday.

Mad if Bremen, Hamburg and Stuttgart are all still in Bundesliga 2 next season. You're talking about top 6 clubs around 2007-08.

Edited by VillaChris

4 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Mad if Bremen, Hamburg and Stuttgart are all still in Bundesliga 2 next season. You're talking about top 6 clubs around 2007-08.

Hannover as well had a couple of European runs the last decade as well. Looks like Stuttgart will go up in 2nd and Hamburg might make the play-off at moment though were in same spot last season. Werder vs Hamburg relegation playoff be tasty derby

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, sne said:

Big goal for Dortmund and Haaland in the 95th minute to keep the title race alive, on paper at least.

Its a bigger goal in relegation battle probably. Probably keeps Union and Koln up and Dusseldorf are level now with Bremen.

Both have unpleasant games next weekend

• Like 1

Union stay up after 1st season its a bit of a football miracle that they never even made it into a scrap.

Mainz have Dortmund and Bremen this week, they could end up into deep trouble by end of week

7 hours ago, villa4europe said:

8 in a row for bayern

When do they get a boring tag? 

I do think Dortmund have helped them a lot, when it gets tough they crumble. A bit like Arsenal used to

• Like 1

Obviously they have powerful sponsors and have had almost free reign in ruling German football but unlike most dominant clubs in football they do not have a filthy rich owner pumping in private money or piles of interest free loans to keep the success story going.

Not saying they've not done shady things but compared to most mega clubs they are very well run. They paid off Allianz Arena in 9.5 years ffs

They have a lot of money coming in from a lot places

Allianz, audi and Adidas own 8% each which audi alone pump in £100m a year as a sponsor, £85m a year from adidas, not sure on the Allianz figure, £35m from t mobile for the shirt sponsor

they're a big rich club, maybe a step behind the top couple of PL clubs and the Spanish 2 in terms of marketing and juve went out and got Ronaldo but bayern are at that table 

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Bayern never go for the mega names though which I think is impressive and shrewd. Until last summer 40 million was the record transfer

Yeah, they are even better than Juventus at snapping up players on a free. They might be the queens of tapping up players ( Barca being the kings) but if they do it they do it without getting caught most times. I think.

Bayern is probably the mega club I dislike the least tbh.

• Like 1

Not sure how you find it up there Zatman but in the west they don't have the glory hunting plastics that infuriate me with the likes of utd and Liverpool in the uk

They need a couple of players this summer, got perisic, coutinho and the real Madrid RB on loan, arp or zirkee might breakthrough next season, maybe cuisance in midfield too

Getting that PSG kid in at CB I wonder if they move Alaba to the flank again, he's kinda "wasted" at CB, especially since Süle comes back.

Alaba seem to be the new Philipp Lahm (useful anywhere) so maybe he can take the RB spot?

Would save them money towards the Kai Havertz transfer.

Â