The Bundesliga Thread

Troglodyte

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Not going to help the claims that he was overweight last week (and if that's fat then a lot more of us have problems...) 

Plus, presumably no one was match fit after 2 months off

14 minutes ago, chips'ngravy said:

Plus, presumably no one was match fit after 2 months off

Ledley King being the exception.

Back in his playing days he could be out for a year but looking to be in his prime 1st game after he recovered.

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Zatman coming to say how shit burk is in 3...2...1....

😜

I just saw it, no words to describe his shitness. Expect that crap from somebody like Mark Bunn

28 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Felt like a preseason match. No intensity.

Agreed. It’s a potential title decider and it feels like a Saturday afternoon at the sty.

Add in the fact that a full stadium of Dortmund fans would make this a completely different game of football and all in all it seems a bit meaningless. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

Felt like a preseason match. No intensity.

This worries me about Villa. The games at home we’ve won Villa Park has been absolutely rocking. Take that away and I think our lack of quality will have no cover 😔

Freiburg are a bit of a Burnley, unfashionable team from small city and couldnt name many of the players but seem to punch above there weight a lot.  Petersen though is an incredible super sub, scored again tonight from the bench

What is it now, something like 22 games played and only 3 home wins so far?

Still a small sample size but maybe fans actually do make a difference? Who'd have thunk it...

• Haha 1

Made sure I caught the Bremen game (decent for a 0-0) to see more of Rashica. Yeah he's a talented player, one of those who can drop between midfield and attack and find pockets of space to get shots away.

He must be being scouted as Grealish replacement as from the positions he was taking up in the game him and Jack would just get in each others way so couldn't see both playing in the same 11.

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Dortmund are normally decent against Bayern at home. Clearly missed the home crowd. 

I’ve lost every bet I’ve placed since Bundasliga restarted. Is it always this unpredictable? 

Take out Bayern Munich....yes. Dortmund are obviously good but they usually mess up against some of the bottom teams a few times a season, they were 3 down at home to Paderborn in November. Then you've got Leverkusen who get some good results and just when you think they're about to achieve something...they lose 4-1 at home to Wolfsburg.

It's an enjoyable league to watch in normal circumstances, the bottom half teams have a go against the top 4 much more than in premier league although all teams play ridiculously high lines with FBs pushed way up the pitch so they can rarely hold onto leads like Augsburg playing v Dortmund. Some incredibly bad tactics when they were actually leading 3-2.

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Take out Bayern Munich....yes. Dortmund are obviously good but they usually mess up against some of the bottom teams a few times a season, they were 3 down at home to Paderborn in November. Then you've got Leverkusen who get some good results and just when you think they're about to achieve something...they lose 4-1 at home to Wolfsburg.

It's an enjoyable league to watch in normal circumstances, the bottom half teams have a go against the top 4 much more than in premier league although all teams play ridiculously high lines with FBs pushed way up the pitch so they can rarely hold onto leads like Augsburg playing v Dortmund. Some incredibly bad tactics when they were actually leading 3-2.

What a crazy high line! Lol

Always how unselfish was Hazard for their 3rd goal?!

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Made sure I caught the Bremen game (decent for a 0-0) to see more of Rashica. Yeah he's a talented player, one of those who can drop between midfield and attack and find pockets of space to get shots away.

He must be being scouted as Grealish replacement as from the positions he was taking up in the game him and Jack would just get in each others way so couldn't see both playing in the same 11.

You could argue Jack’s best performance (the Liverpool semi) came with 2 number 10’s playing off Benteke. 

Â