The Bundesliga Thread

Troglodyte

You think we're bad but Hamburg is just on another inept level, some of the decisions their players have made this afternoon is beyond belief. Losing 1-4 at home to mid table team when they needed only a draw in the end.

Bit disappointed though, Hamburg-Bremen play off would've been a great watch. Think Bremen will comfortably roll over Heidenheim who've lost 3-0.

The team that finishes 3rd usually loses the play offs. Union last season a rare exception 

I think Bremen vs Hamburg might have closer as a derby but Bremen woukd have beat them

Amuses me they recently had Aaron Hunt and Lewis Holtby in same team aswell. Remember all the talk about England trying to get both to declare for them, neither amounted to much in the end. Holtby is apparently now at Blackburn.

Watched the cup final in the deep dark countryside with the father in law in a village hall 

Bayern were brilliant, smash the champions league style brilliant

Lewandowskis finish for the 4th goal was a thing to behold

The rule the goal out for handball and award a penalty instead was **** stupid, they also seemed crazy slow on the offsides, like 30 seconds slow

Havertz penalty was absolute textbook unsave-able penalty that all top level footballers should be able to do but rarely can 

I don't think I've ever seen a game with so many non statistical misses by a team, as in they didn't register a shot but leverkusen had so many chances for a square ball tap in and they got the pass wrong, or the defender got his big toe on it, or the striker kicked thin air... Or Havertz played an inch perfect though ball and the striker took a heavy touch... Forget could, they should have scored about 7 goals 

Which when you consider what I said about bayern looking really good you get an idea for how good a game it was

I had 7 bottles of bitrburger, the father in law had 5 bottles and 3 jagers, out bar tab was 16€

I found the biggest black sabbath fan in Germany 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 3

Shame the penalty didn't come a few minutes earlier.

Was pretty bizarre sequence. Ref already playing a minute over 5 minutes injury time, gives it when Bremen player wins the header while bumping a bit into the attacker and then blows whistle as soon as the kick off takes place.

Yes I had a bet on Bremen to win as soon as it went to 1-1 and forgot to cash out.:ph34r:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

at least fans are allowed back

Toni Leistner: Hamburg defender confronts Dynamo Dresden fans

Hamburg's former Dynamo Dresden defender Toni Leistner climbed into the stands to confront fans of his old club after his side's 4-1 German Cup defeat.

In a video widely shared on social media, the former QPR player, 30, pushes a Dresden fan and argues with others before returning to the pitch.

Leistner was waiting to do a television interview when the incident occurred.

About 10,000 fans watched the game in Dresden - the biggest attendance in Germany since the coronavirus lockdown.

The Dresden-born player, who played for his hometown club between 2010 and 2014, later said he had been insulted by a supporter.

Dynamo have since condemned the supporter allegedly involved, saying it is "shameful" Leistner had been offended by a fan of his "home club".

"We're looking for the person because we don't want to let this incident stand," the club tweeted.

"Thanks to 99.9% of all stadium visitors for your support."

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/54158181

For what it's worth, I've been watching Jude Bellingham this pre-season for Dortmund and he looks like quite a player. He doesn't look remotely fazed by the leap in quality. Between him and Gio Reyna (who has also been remarkable) ready to take the next step to first team action, young stars like Håland and Sancho, and established veterans like Reus and Hazard and Brandt in attack, the biggest challenge is going to be getting them all onto the pitch.

I know this is the story every year, but if Bayern have a wobble, they're going to have some serious competition for the title.

8 hours ago, JamieZ said:

I know this is the story every year, but if Bayern have a wobble, they're going to have some serious competition for the title.

The problem is they had a big wobble last season and still did it in a canter.

8 minutes ago, Hornso said:

The problem is they had a big wobble last season and still did it in a canter.

That's a fair point. Bayern are looking to bring in American right back Sergiño Dest from Ajax, as well, which would allow Joshua Kimmich to move into midfield and Benjamin Pavard to move to centreback, which would go some way toward making up for the loss of Thiago to Liverpool.

Edited by JamieZ
  • Like 1

No Champions League hangover for Bayern. They're absolutely frightening.

Schalke are already looking like relegation candidates. With Weston McKennie off to Juventus, I just don't see what's going to keep them up.

Â