Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

They needed 57 off four overs - they've got them off three overs, nineteen an over, England will be gutted.

Jordan has been excellent for most of the tournament, he'll have nightmares about that over though.

Fair play to the Kiwi's they were excellent throughout.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

What a group NZ have put together.  Test Champions, a whisker away from the ODI World Cup, now a T20 final.  Williamson is a class act.

For years we've always relied on one or two top class players,more of an all round team these days.Bound to be the aussies on Sunday now.

Edited by Derryvillan
Schpelling
  • Like 1

Great innings from williamson but I think New Zealand wasted too many balls in the first 10 overs. too many dot balls so although 172 looked like a good score Australia were always ahead of the scoring rate. 

Edited by PaulC
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, veloman said:

Lots of big stars in the crowd. However, di anyone see that shot of Shoaib ? The effects of his PEDs were plain to see. Not a good man I don't think.

No he didn't look good. I met him once and he was really friendly and shook my hand. 

• 4 weeks later...

No Broad or Anderson, I’ve long wondered how we’re going to get on without those two long term so I guess we’ll get a taste of it soon enough, hopefully not today tho as we’re batting first.

Going under the radar a little this, which I think is partly because Sky aren’t showing it so they’re not giving it much attention and let’s be honest, as much as we lament it most of us probably use Sky Sports in its various forms for keeping up to date with things.

First day of Ashes is always pivotal, if we lose a couple of early wickets it’s gonna spell trouble. Interesting to see the size of the crowd.

Â