Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

1 hour ago, Eidolon said:

Big wicket! Could get interesting if a couple more fall today

It’s suddenly very quickly interesting 😂

Glad this might have something in it now, an interesting series is the most important thing to me.

Head and Carey at the crease, can’t remember the last time two South Australian state players would have occupied the crease for Australia at the same time.

Edited by Eidolon
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, Eidolon said:

It’s suddenly very quickly interesting 😂

Glad this might have something in it now, an interesting series is the most important thing to me.

Head and Carey at the crease, can’t remember the last time two South Australian state players would have occupied the crease for Australia at the same time.

Good trivia question.

7 minutes ago, Eidolon said:

1984 it turns out against the Windies in Barbados, Wayne Phillips (coincidentally another keeper) and David Hookes

My rough guess would have been Blewett & Lehmann. Way off!

Leach has been utter utter shite. Bowling himself out of playing any other test in this series. 1-95 off 11 **** terrible for a one a day game let alone a test. 

Robinson and Stokes being injured, just the cherry on the icing. I mean if we weren't so mesmerically pisspoor with the bat, this would have been a solid enough day in isolation, not great, not terrible. 

Anyway, Broad and Jimmy both in next test obviously. 

Fantastic knock so far from Head, exactly when it was required as well. Has to put the debate over the number 5 position to bed for the time being. If he can press on and get 100 it could be a real breakout performance establishing himself as Australia’s go to middle order destroyer

Bowlers knackered, Leach poor and facing a big deficit. It's a pity, early on we could have had Warner out for less than twenty of three or four occasions and it might have been a different game - at the moment, it looks like we've made the wrong selections, we've performed poorly and we're playing a better side - that's not a good combo. Australia aren't just winning this test, they're putting a hole in England's confidence for the series that isn't going to be easy to get out of.

They're talking about declaring an giving us a few award overs this evening - that seems a bit unnecessary - as things stand, England will need 450 plus to give ourselves a chance in this game and it doesn't matter when you let us start that, it isn't going to happen.

2nd new ball taken, honestly at this point I just want Head to make his ton and then anything else on the day is gravy for me, some nervy shots since he hit 90

And there it is the very next ball! I’m so happy for him, what a knock 😁

Edited by Eidolon

On 08/12/2021 at 02:27, sharkyvilla said:

I'm a Sussex fan and Head did bugger all for us so I suspect he will score zillions in this series.

Anyway what an absolute disaster.  Absolute lambs to the slaughter out there.

Hope you bet on that 😛

Â