Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

3 minutes ago, chappy said:

Brutal performance by England today. Love Woakes so much! Buttler an absolutely majestic knock too. Always so much fun clearing in the woodsing the Aussies.

Yes Woakes is an excellent cricketer.  So many outstanding t20 cricketers in the side. Who can beat us India? Pakistan? 

England are a ridiculous limited-overs side, be it T20 or ODI. Shame its come at the expense of being a dreadful test side that can't bat out a day 

3 minutes ago, theunderstudy said:

England are a ridiculous limited-overs side, be it T20 or ODI. Shame its come at the expense of being a dreadful test side that can't bat out a day 

I wonder if players have wondered if they can make more money for less work playing all the t20 competitions around the world like the ipl. Moeen Ali has just retired from test cricket but was part of the ipl winning team. Its the way cricket is going I think. Archer was the next great fast bowler but the impact on the body of test cricket has taken its toll, particularly if you are expected to bowl 90+ mph every ball. Mills has given up the longer format. Bowling 4 overs is easy money. Cant blame them! 

On 30/10/2021 at 20:11, PaulC said:

Yes Woakes is an excellent cricketer.  So many outstanding t20 cricketers in the side. Who can beat us India? Pakistan? 

India aren't even going to qualify now I think after their loss to NZ. They'd need a very unexpected set of results to go their way. Pakistan are the obvious other strong side so far. 

Incredible knock! Think there was about one ropey shot his whole innings and that was in the last over. 163 really feels like a huge score. 47-3 off the first 10, 116 off the second half of the innings. Brilliant.

Edited by Milfner
  • Like 1

Â