Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

No Broad or Anderson, I’ve long wondered how we’re going to get on without those two long term so I guess we’ll get a taste of it soon enough, hopefully not today tho as we’re batting first.

Going under the radar a little this, which I think is partly because Sky aren’t showing it so they’re not giving it much attention and let’s be honest, as much as we lament it most of us probably use Sky Sports in its various forms for keeping up to date with things.

First day of Ashes is always pivotal, if we lose a couple of early wickets it’s gonna spell trouble. Interesting to see the size of the crowd.

I think we need to hope we don't get a taste before Lunch at this rate :(

5 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

It's hard work having to listen to these Aussie commentators. It makes you pine for the likes of Johners and Blowers. 

Cheapo BT sport cutting corners with piggybacking off of Aussie commentary….wouldn’t happen on Sky I don’t think, just saying.

6 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Cheapo BT sport cutting corners with piggybacking off of Aussie commentary….wouldn’t happen on Sky I don’t think, just saying.

I don’t understand it, they announced a big comms team this morning… use them!

We knew from the last Ashes that their coverage is awful compared to Sky though so probably shouldn’t have expected much better.

Edited by chappy
Typo
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, chappy said:

I don’t understand it, they annoyed a big comms team this morning… use them!

We knew from the last Ashes that their coverage is awful compared to Sky though so probably shouldn’t have expected much better.

Bit of an unspoken rule here you mute the TV and get the radio commentary going, our TV coverage is all around awful 😕

Side note, I'm really hoping Trav head has a great series and really cements himself in the team, I used to know him in passing when he was playing local Australian Football for South Gawler as a kid and he was always a really great guy.

Edited by Eidolon
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Eidolon said:

Bit of an unspoken rule here you mute the TV and get the radio commentary going, our TV coverage is all around awful 😕

Side note, I'm really hoping Trav head has a great series and really cements himself in the team, I used to know him pretty in passing when he was playing local Australian Football for South Gawler as a kid and he was always such a great guy.

I'm a Sussex fan and Head did bugger all for us so I suspect he will score zillions in this series.

Anyway what an absolute disaster.  Absolute lambs to the slaughter out there.

3 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I'm a Sussex fan and Head did bugger all for us so I suspect he will score zillions in this series.

Anyway what an absolute disaster.  Absolute lambs to the slaughter out there.

I must confess I dont follow domestic cricket overseas (I dont often have the attention span necessary for the worthwhile forms of the game outside of big tests and ashes series unfortunately) so I have no real knowledge of his time over there but a lot of our pundits are saying he's come back twice the player.

6 hours ago, Eidolon said:

Unfortunately I don’t want to listen to Jonathan Agnew on TMS either. TV comm improved when Isa Guha was on. 

8 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

First day of Ashes is always pivotal, if we lose a couple of early wickets it’s gonna spell trouble. Interesting to see the size of the crowd.

Oops. 

Would have been nice to have achieved a 20/20 score. 

I've a feeling tomorrow is going to be worse as we will look clueless in how to take wickets as they power to a massive score that will see them win easily with an innings to spare. 

Â