Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

1 hour ago, rjw63 said:

Have we got to endure Squinty Smith scoring a double century every **** innings? 

I call that revenge after having to sit through day after day of interminable Alastair Cooke wall batting seemingly every time he played in Adelaide ;)

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

The encouraging thing is that unless Smith and/or Labuchagne fire their batting order isn’t much better than ours, and I fancy Woakes and Robinson to bowl well tomorrow, all is not lost yet but if they reach 100-1 or better then yeah, game over.

I wouldn’t sleep on Green or Carey lower down the order, at the very start of their careers but much better bats than the players they displaced IMO

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Eidolon said:

I call that revenge after having to sit through day after day of interminable Alastair Cooke wall batting seemingly every time he played in Adelaide ;)

Wait, I thought you were a Pommie in exile?

Just now, Wainy316 said:

Wait, I thought you were a Pommie in exile?

Only took an interest in cricket after moving here so it felt disingenuous to root for players I didn’t know over ones I’d seen play…also I’m a citizen and everything now 😅

6 minutes ago, Eidolon said:

Only took an interest in cricket after moving here so it felt disingenuous to root for players I didn’t know over ones I’d seen play…also I’m a citizen and everything now 😅

Pah, glory hunter 😄

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Rodders said:

5-0 incoming. Our batters are so shit. Will get blown away every innings. 

At least I'll know not to waste any time staying up or getting up early to follow this atrocity.

Years of neglecting four day cricket in England is reaping what we sowed. 

ECB more interested in clown cricket like the Hundred. 

• Like 1

Bowling well this morning but nothing going our way! 

Stokes no ball wicket of Warner was his 4th ball. The first three were all also no balls but not called… obviously it’s the bowler’s fault but help him out please umpire. I thought the 3rd umpire was meant to check every ball now?

Â