Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

19 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Excellent crowd dancing however.

The song that keeps playing, and I think plays on the credits (I assume it's the official song of the World Cup). Is it just me that hears her singing "I ****ing love the game"? 

Unbelievable knock again by Buttler! Some great fielding too (Woakes drop aside!). Fantastic win and a statement to everyone in the other group that you’re gonna need to bring your serious A game to beat England. Hasaranga is some player btw.

• Like 2

It was a magnificent knock but Sri Lanka were well in the game although we won quite comfortably in the end. Morgan used up a lot of balls when he was scoring at a very slow rate and that could have cost us. With players like Livingstone and Moeen to come in. All Im saying is Buttler apart that was not a good batting display.  We need to be careful and jig the order a bit so Livingstone Moeen get a chance to show some form.  we dont just want Buttler scoring all the runs 

1 hour ago, Rodders said:

I disagree with Morgan to an extent. He was out of form and it was a good match for him to give himself time to get some confidence and in the end that 40 score was a very good knock, when you consider how difficult it has been for batters to get going. We do need the others to play well too, Malan is a concern, particularly also from a confidence for the Ashes point of view. but Livingstone and Mo will be fine. They had good warm up scores I think before the tournament, and the games come quite quickly. At any rate those two will be getting confidence from their bowling contributions anyway :) 

Yes I was being a bit over critical. 

I feel like every scorecard I see shows that the quicks get slapped around and spin doesn’t really go for many. Rashid and Ali for about 7 an over between them and get our only wickets, yet Livingstone isn’t bowled. Makes zero sense. 

Really good innings from SA, should be a fun chase.

Watching the batsmen struggling to breathe in the humidity at the end of the innings convinces me even more that a world cup in this region is an absolute disaster waiting to happen.

10 minutes ago, Milfner said:

I feel like every scorecard I see shows that the quicks get slapped around and spin doesn’t really go for many. Rashid and Ali for about 7 an over between them and get our only wickets, yet Livingstone isn’t bowled. Makes zero sense. 

True and a bit surprised Livingstone didn't get a bowl. Fun run chase but they have 20 too many i think. 

• Like 1

Â